Teacher says boy looked 'sad in his eyes' as mum and stepdad on trial for murder

Heartfelt tributes have been paid to schoolboy Sebastian Kalinowski as his mum and stepfather stand accused of his homicide.

The 15-year-old was found with severe accidents on August 13 final 12 months at his residence in Leeds Street, Huddersfield.

Mom Agnieszka Kalinowska and stepfather Andrezej Latoszewski subjected the teenager to a marketing campaign of violence and abuse within the months main as much as his loss of life, Leeds Crown Court docket heard.

As reported by the Mirror, the couple had been charged final 12 months and are at the moment on trial for homicide, manslaughter, inflicting or permitting the loss of life of a kid and neglect.

Latoszewski pleaded responsible to manslaughter on Tuesday, with each defendants later submitting a responsible plea on the cost of cruelty of a kid below the age of 16 on Thursday.

Footage was performed to the court docket exhibiting Sebastian being hit by a mattress slat and whipped with an extension cable as he carried out workout routines.

The court docket has thus far heard from members of West Yorkshire Police and the ambulance service and a nurse and marketing consultant at Huddersfield Royal Infirmary, in addition to two household buddies who spoke of "punishments" the defendants gave him.

On Friday, the jury sat for simply half of the day as members of employees at North Huddersfield Belief College gave proof and paid tribute to Sebastian, who was described as "shy" and "quiet", "all the time nice" and a "pretty boy", reviews Yorkshire Stay.

A pastoral supervisor, who knew Sebastian as "Sebba", mentioned: "He was so much smaller than a variety of his fellow pupils. His perspective to studying was all the time spot on.

Latoszewski and Kalinowska.
Latoszewski and Kalinowska. (Picture: Yorkshire Stay/MEN Media)

"I'd usually see him strolling alone whereas on lunchtime obligation. He all the time smiled.

"Sebastian was a shy, quiet boy however had a enjoyable persona. He loved studying video games. He was only a pretty boy.

"Simply earlier than faculty broke up, I noticed him skipping down the hall. He noticed me and smiled.

"Sebba did not actually change within the time I knew him. He appeared unhappy however would all the time smile."

One other trainer mentioned: "Once I first met him, I bear in mind considering how very small he was for his age.

Kalinowska is accused of murdering her teen son.
Kalinowska is accused of murdering her teen son. (Picture: Yorkshire Stay/MEN Media)

"He has all the time introduced effectively and immaculate however seemed to be unhappy in his eyes and lonely.

"He wasn't like a mean boy his age. He was all the time nice after I spoke to him and was like a quiet, timid mouse.

"What I observed right away with him is that he was very quiet.

"Sebastian was not a really assured little one. I rapidly observed this and befriended him, feeling barely sorry for him.

"He all the time engaged with me, smiled with me. I felt he felt protected with me however did not chuckle or interact with the opposite children however he had a way of humour."

A trainer instructed the court docket of an incident she had had at Easter time in 2021, involving Latoszewski.

She mentioned: "I used to be strolling up in the direction of the gate however there was a person who was gesticulating to 2 different members of employees and me.

"The opposite employees member motioned him in the direction of me. He appeared fairly aggressive and was waving his arms about however it might be misinterpreted as aggressive, it may be, however it can be attempting to get a degree throughout, however his entire physique language.

"He began shouting, saying Sebastian is a liar, I should not take heed to him, even his dad says he lies.

"I put my hand out, as he was getting proper in my face, I put my palm out. I mentioned all that we all know and we have seen is Sebastian is a beautiful pupil, he is a pleasant boy, he is intelligent and articulate."

Andrezej Latoszewski, 36, is charged with Sebastian's murder alongside his long-term partner
Andrezej Latoszewski, 36, is charged with Sebastian's homicide alongside his long-term companion (Picture: Yorkshire Stay)

The girl instructed the court docket Latoszewski "did not appear to be asking for assist from the varsity, he simply appeared to be making an announcement.

He did not point out the marks, simply mentioned he was a liar."

She added that she "truly felt threatened".

She instructed jurors she tried to talk to Sebastian about what occurred "however he would not discuss it in any respect".

She mentioned: "He would not give eye contact and I requested if he was OK and he all the time saved his eyes down and his head down, so I put my hand below his chin so I might get eye contact.

"He mentioned he was high-quality. I requested if he was OK and if he felt protected and he mentioned, 'I am high-quality, miss'.

"As a result of, I used to be fearful, I used to be actually involved. There was nothing concrete, if there had been bruises or something I might have reported, or if Sebastian mentioned one thing, I might. I could not as a result of it was simply my emotions."

The girl added that mum Kalinowska "did not appear ".

She mentioned: "I might say, 'he is finished very well as we speak, he received the best factors as we speak', however you'd not get something again."

Sebastian was found with serious injuries at his home in Leeds Road, Huddersfield.
Sebastian was discovered with severe accidents at his residence in Leeds Street, Huddersfield. (Picture: MEN Media)

The trainer mentioned there was a language issue, however she felt Kalinowska understood.

She mentioned she bought the impression she was chilly in the direction of Sebastian and "there was distance, it did not appear like a loving relationship.

"I assumed at first she was affected by companion abuse, I've seen it on many events. There was positively a coldness."

The court docket heard Sebastian was provided a spot in class throughout lockdown, however it was refused, and was the one pupil who was provided a spot however didn't attend.

The deputy head of the varsity and designated safeguarding lead on the faculty, mentioned no safeguarding issues had been raised for Sebastian.

He mentioned if Sebastian would have misbehaved, he would hear about it and "he had one destructive level the entire time he was with us, and that was for forgetting his tools".

Through the police investigation, the deputy head mentioned he appeared via Sebastian's work, specifically a show titled 'My Description' the place he wrote: "I do not like train" however did not go into additional particulars, and "I do not like pay attention man" and "I do not like cleansing".

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day e-newsletter right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post