Scots woman in last bid to conceive through IVF despite 'complete agony' of PCOS and endometriosis

A Scots girl who suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and endometriosis is embarking on an IVF journey along with her companion in a single final bid to conceive the kid they've at all times dreamed of.

Lianne Stobo has struggled with heavy, irregular intervals for the reason that age of 14 nevertheless it wasn't till her 20s when she was recognized with the debilitating circumstances which have seen her hospitalised in ache.

Through the years, the 32-year-old from South Lanarkshire has undergone two operations to take away cysts from her ovaries and 'burn away' the endometriosis, that means elements of every ovary have been eliminated every time.

The couple have sadly have experienced six miscarriages in 11 years
The couple have sadly have skilled six miscarriages in 11 years (Picture: Submitted / Each day File)

The impression of the procedures has been so extreme that gynaecologists informed Lianne her ovaries and womb would not survive extra interference, and one other operation would contain a whole hysterectomy.

Tragically, Lianne and her husband Jason, 34, have skilled six miscarriages in 11 years 'with no rationalization of why they occur', however have been refused IVF on the NHS because of Lianne's weight.

The couple, who've been collectively for 11 years, say being dad and mom is 'all they've ever wished' regardless of Lianne dwelling 'in full agony'.

She informed the File: "I can’t get IVF on the NHS because of my weight however that's affected by the treatment I get placed on to assist with bleeding and different signs.

"All of this makes it onerous for me to shed extra pounds and through flare ups I can’t train or depart the home as a result of ache and heavy bleeding.

"My bleeding can final from 10 days to 4 weeks and I leak by all the things.

"I do attempt to go to the health club nevertheless it's simply not attainable. Endometriosis makes my organs stick collectively and earlier than and through my interval, they develop into infected. Even the bumpiness of using in a automotive is agony.

"It appears like I am suffocating and may't get away from it. It is fixed."

The pair, from South Lanarkshire, have been married for five years
The pair, from South Lanarkshire, have been married for 5 years (Picture: Submitted / Each day File)

After a painstaking struggle to have her situation recognised by GPs, on the age of 20, a blood check and ultrasound confirmed Lianne had an 8cm by 7cm dermoid cyst on her proper ovary, and a number of other small cysts on her left ovary.

On the age of 23, she underwent her first operation to take away these cysts, throughout which medics found she had endometriosis and all her insides 'have been caught collectively', with surgeons having to make use of a laser to separate them.

Following her miscarriages, Lianne was prescribed cyclogest, pessaries which include progesterone, which is important for regular functioning of the reproductive system, as a precaution for the subsequent time she fell pregnant.

However Lianne would not ovulate each month - making it more durable for her to take action.

Lianne says IVF treatment at the Glasgow clinic is her 'last resort'
Lianne says IVF therapy on the Glasgow clinic is her 'final resort' (Picture: Submitted / Each day File)

She continued: "All my life, I used to be informed I used to be a hypochondriac, that I used to be exaggerating the ache.

"Docs saved telling me it was regular for somebody going by puberty. I used to be out and in of hospital and one GP informed me I had a grumbling appendix. One other informed me there was no such factor.

"I used to be informed to get the implant to assist regulate my intervals however then my interval got here each fortnight and was actually heavy. I used to be then placed on the capsule - something to get me out the door.

"As an alternative of investigating what was responsible for the ache, I used to be ignored and handled like a foolish younger lady who did not know what I used to be speaking about."

After a decade of heartbreak, Lianne and Jason are actually trying to obtain therapy by IVF clinic TFP GCRM Fertility in Glasgow - however the pair face prices of as much as £7,000 for 2 rounds of IVF.

Lianne added: "I've tried and fought for all the things and I hold getting doorways slammed in my face. That is my final resort - my final likelihood to be a mum. It is all I’ve ever wished.

"My life is consumed by it, I stay and breath ovulation exams, being pregnant exams, researching various things to strive, taking completely different nutritional vitamins and different combos of tablets to try to assist however to date all the things has failed.

"That is why I want IVF."

Lianne and Jason hope they'll be capable of fundraise the money to pay for therapy.

If you need to donate to Lianne's fundraiser, click on right here.

Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our day by day e-newsletter right here.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post