Partnership with Fulham loanee can pay off for Hamilton Accies, says Andy Winter as he expects Accies to start clicking soon

Andy Winter reckons Hamilton Accies aren't distant from being the completed article this season and believes his strike partnership with John-Pierre Tiehi will solely get stronger.

The 20-year-old ahead has netted 4 targets this season, with one coming within the league for the reason that Frenchman arrived on mortgage from Fulham final month.

Tiehi himself has a solitary purpose to his title in that spell, however Winter believes the pair will discover the goal extra typically as they get extra recreation time collectively and he insists issues are beginning to fall into place for the squad as an entire as they begin making an attempt to show attracts into wins.

Accies have been held 4 instances of their opening six Championship video games and should rely closely on Winter and Tiehi for purpose with begin striker Andy Ryan sidelined for one more couple of months with a knee damage.

Winter stated: "I do not suppose we're distant from making it click on.

"Once you take a look at the outcomes this season, we have not a misplaced a whole lot of video games however we should always have gained extra as properly.

"We're in that center level the place if we push on we will make it a superb season or if we do not, we will make it exhausting for ourselves.

"With the squad we have we're absolutely able to competing.

Jean-Pierre Tiehi scored his first Hamilton goal in the 2-2 draw at Cove Rangers
Jean-Pierre Tiehi scored his first Hamilton purpose within the 2-2 draw at Cove Rangers (Picture: SNS Group)

"Since JP he has come into the staff, it permits me to drop a bit deeper.

"He's somebody you understand you will get the ball off. He'll maintain it up and provide possibilities for you.

"It is pleasant enjoying alongside him. We have not had many video games collectively but so it is just going to get higher.

"Issues have dried up for me a wee bit within the final couple of weeks however I have to attempt to have extra makes an attempt on purpose."

Winter is now some of the skilled gamers in John Rankin's youthful squad, with 54 appearances beneath his belt at first staff stage, and he's thriving on that.

He added: "It is mad that I am 20 and I am one of many extra skilled ones, however I like that.

"I feel I am on the level now the place I am not a child anymore. I've had my studying spell and I am now absolutely in a position to begin each week.

"I simply wish to preserve going and getting targets.

"I've performed a whole lot of completely different positions and the gaffer has clearly acquired belief in me."

Accies noticed their match at Inverness on Saturday referred to as off as a mark of respect for the passing of Queen Elizabeth II however fixtures will go forward this weekend, with Accies enjoying host to Queen's Park in a Championship conflict.

Comply with Lanarkshire Reside Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the most recent sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post