Livingston winger Cristian Montano out to show fans the 'real Cristian' after tough first season

Cristian Montano needs Livingston followers to lastly see what he can deliver to the membership.

The 30-year-old Colombian confessed he noticed final season as a ‘studying curve’ as a string of niggling accidents prevented him from having a run of video games in his first season on the membership.

Arriving from Port Vale, the left-sided speedster solely began seven league fixtures in his first marketing campaign north of the border.

However he occupied the left-back slot in final weekend’s Premier Sports activities Cup win over Cove Rangers and is predicted to fulfil that position as soon as once more as they welcome Kelty Hearts in a recreation the hosts should win if they're to have any hope of reaching the knockout levels.

Montano stated: “I used final season extra as a studying curve. I needed to get used to a brand new manner of taking part in, the system and elegance of soccer and the brand new floor as properly and the calls for of coaching.

“It was one thing totally different to what I used to be used to down south.t

“Once I first got here right here I received injured two days into pre-season so I used to be at all times taking part in catch up. I got here again and first recreation received a knock on my knee then received one other knock. I used to be at all times taking part in catch up.

“Typically your physique simply can’t modify as shortly as you’d like. I didn’t have the pre-season I wanted and my physique stored breaking down. Once I lastly did get match the crew was doing rather well so I wasn’t getting the minutes I preferred.

“Final season I used to be capable of present glimpses. Hopefully this season I can present who Cristian is and what I’m about.”

Do not miss the newest information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free publication right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post