Calvin Ramsay 'buzzing' over Liverpool transfer as he pays tribute to Aberdeen

Satisfied Calvin Ramsay has pledged to make his dream Liverpool switch rely as he joined the European heavyweights on a long-term deal.

Aberdeen might land £8m for his or her prized academy graduate and he's now set on making a telling influence on Merseyside.

The 18-year-old rose to prominence within the Granite Metropolis final season and that put him on Liverpool's and Jurgen Klopp' s switch radar.

And he additionally paid tribute to his former membership after heading to Merseyside.

Chatting with Liverpool 's official web site, he mentioned: “I’m simply buzzing and it’s a dream come true actually to be right here,

“It was a dream come true to play for Aberdeen, and now to be at one of many greatest, if not the largest membership on the earth, it’s a large achievement and I’m trying ahead to attempting to indicate the followers what I’ve bought.

“Hopefully I can are available in in pre-season, present everybody on the membership, the workers, gamers what I’ve bought after which we’ll see what occurs from there."

Calvin Ramsay is Liverpool's new No.22

Ramsay - additionally talking to Aberdeen's official web site - paid a glowing tribute to the staff he is supported since childhood.

He added: "As a younger boy my dream was all the time to play for my residence staff, and I managed to do this, so it was a really particular second. To attain my first aim for the Membership final season was additionally an amazing feeling. Each time I pulled on the Aberdeen shirt was particular for myself and my household.

“My dad and I used to go to all of the Aberdeen video games within the Merkland Stand and it was all the time my dream to play for the Membership, and it was his dream for me, so to go on and do it, I nonetheless don’t suppose it has sunk in for my dad, or for me to a level.

“All of my Youth Academy coaches helped me quite a bit alongside the best way, each single certainly one of them. They’ve all been sensible in their very own manner. There are a variety of younger gamers coming by means of the Youth Academy and there's a pathway there so I'm positive if these younger boys stick in, they will go on and turn out to be the following large factor.

“I need to say a particular thanks to the followers. Since my debut they’ve all the time been sensible with me, very supportive and I recognize that quite a bit. I do know it wasn’t the most effective season for us on the pitch and it was troublesome for the followers, however they've been wonderful with me and hopefully I with see them once more sooner or later.”

And Jim Goodwin has paid tribute to the defender after his exit was confirmed and insists it is a praise to his improvement at Aberdeen

The Irishman is satisfied the Scotland youth worldwide will make a telling influence at one of many greatest golf equipment on the earth.

He mentioned: “There isn't a doubt that is an thrilling alternative for Calvin and his household. The AFC Youth Academy deserves an enormous quantity of credit score for creating Calvin and it's testomony to the pathway right here on the Membership that Calvin was given his debut within the first staff, and never solely that, was capable of maintain his personal within the staff final season.

“Liverpool are very fortunate, they're getting a promising younger expertise. His stats within the first half of final season had been amongst the highest for full backs on the earth. We definitely had excessive hopes for him and I’ve little question he'll go from power to power in an excellent staff at Liverpool.”

And people phrases had been echoed by Dons' director of soccer Steven Gunn.

He added: “Calvin shifting to Liverpool is a transparent signal of the continued dedication to youth improvement and is recognition of the progress of the Academy over the previous few years below the earlier stewardship of Neil Simpson and now Gavin Levey.

“There’s a lot to look ahead to with the standard we’re seeing come by means of the programme and we look ahead to seeing extra Academy graduates within the First Staff this season.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post