Hamilton Accies boss warned players it would be a battle against Dunfermline

Hamilton Accies boss Stuart Taylor says he warned his facet they have been dealing with a basement battle towards Dunfermline at this time earlier than their 2-2 Championship draw.

However Taylor says he was actually happy for his facet for the way in which they responded to twice conceding targets towards John Hughes' facet, and that they are exhibiting psychological toughness because the season progresses.

David Moyo struck twice to cancel out Coll Donaldson's excellent opener and once more within the second half to degree Steven Lawless' penalty.

Taylor stated: "I believe it’s precisely what we anticipated, going into the sport, that it was going to be an absolute battle.

“You might inform there was a variety of nervousness in regards to the stadium and it was a case of going out and ensuring that we maintain within the recreation, maintain at it and maintain combating.

David Moyo twice scored to bring Hamilton back from a goal down and draw 2-2
David Moyo twice scored to deliver Hamilton again from a purpose down and draw 2-2 (Picture: SNS Group)

“I assumed the gamers responded rather well to going a purpose down twice, and within the final 15-20 minutes of the sport I felt we have been the workforce on high and I assumed we have been going to go on and win it.

"I am actually proud of the way in which we completed the sport however I did say to them earlier than they went out that it was going to be hard-fought recreation and it'd take 60-70 minutes earlier than they'll get the ball down and play, and be the workforce on high.

"Credit score to them for that, the response was actually good from them to dropping targets.

"It was a giant enchancment from earlier on within the season, as a result of individuals stated that once we went a purpose down we discovered it robust, and I believe we responded in the best method there.

"I believe because the season has gone on the gamers have proven that they are quite a bit mentally stronger and confirmed any critics in that sense, however we nonetheless have quite a bit to work on."

The outcome leaves Hamilton seven factors away from backside facet Dunfermline, and Taylor says their penalty was of the 'mushy' selection.

Taylor says he knew it was going to be a battle against the Fife side
Taylor says he knew it was going to be a battle towards the Fife facet (Picture: SNS Group)

He stated: "You at all times need to go and win video games, we talk about 'no disappointments'. I've seen their second penalty again on the video and I believe younger Ellis acquired beat by 'expertise and cuteness' the place in case you are caught on the fallacious facet, the person falls down and brings you with him, then it will appear to be you've got given the foul.

"It is a robust name for the referee, it leaves it open to that taking place, nevertheless it's expertise from him and he'll be taught from it.

"It is as much as the remainder of the lads to go and dig him out of a gap and we did that, we responded rather well."

Comply with Lanarkshire Dwell Sport onTwitter by way of@LanLiveSport, like us onFbor discover us onInstagramfor the newest sports activities information, photos and video.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post