West Lothian gran scoops £379,000 on Postcode Lottery

A grandmother from West Lothian is amongst lottery winners celebrating after successful a share of a £16.9 million lottery prize.

75-year-old Lily Poland is initially from West Calder and received £379,062 with Individuals's Postcode Lottery when her postcode was introduced as the total successful postcode of the lottery’s largest ever prize on Friday.

Lily moved to England’s South Coast for “an journey” when she was 19 years previous and stayed after falling in love. She has now lived on the successful postcode in Goring-by-Sea for over 40 years.

Jason Donovan, a Individuals’s Postcode Lottery ambassador, knocked on her door to shock her. She was joined by her daughter Michelle as she bought the excellent news.

Lily stated: “I used to work at Butlin’s in Ayr and would get the prepare from West Calder to Glasgow, after which from Glasgow to the vacation park.

“I got here down right here once I was 19 for an journey. I ended up staying once I fell in love with Peter, my husband. We’ve been at this postcode for over 40 years now and introduced our household up right here – it’s been an excellent postcode with a lot of recollections!”

The grandmother of two plans to make use of a few of her winnings to return to Scotland.

Lily stated: “I’ve not been again residence to Scotland in such a very long time and I miss the accent. I’d undoubtedly prefer to return and see how a lot West Lothian has modified since I used to be final there.”

Ten of Lily’s neighbours additionally received £379,062 every, whereas one other doubled their prize to £758,124 due to enjoying with two tickets.

An additional 706 folks throughout the BN12 4 postcode space additionally received cheques starting from £14,816 to £44,448 relying on the variety of tickets performed with.

Do not miss the most recent information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free publication right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post