The Traitors star John McManus denies bullying fellow contestant after backlash

Traitors' John McManus has insisted “I’m no bully”, after dealing with a backlash over his conflict with co-star Aaron Evans on the present.

John, from Edinburgh, suffered a torrent of on-line abuse after viewers noticed him arguing with Aaron on the truth present – the place contestants staying in a Scottish citadel needed to establish “Traitors”.

However John insists the dispute with Aaron was overblown – and he wouldn't have been so harsh with him if he had identified he was affected by the hyper-activity dysfunction ADHD.

John informed the Day by day File: “After I watched the present and found he had ADHD, I felt completely devastated.

“The best way it was edited shocked me. I’m not a bully, I’m a pleasant particular person, however in that stress cooker atmosphere, when you're filming between 10 and 16 hours a day and utterly exhausted, you react accordingly.

John denies bullying accusations against Aaron
John shuts down hypothesis he bullied (Picture: BBC)

“Had I identified of his situation, I’d have reacted in a very totally different approach. I had suspicions Wilf and Aaron have been Traitors.

“Aaron was the one particular person given permission to depart the Spherical Desk, which wasn’t allowed within the guidelines, and that made me suspicious. None of us knew that was as a result of he has ADHD, which he revealed to viewers within the diary room.

“It was none of my enterprise however his situation meant he was hyper on a regular basis. He would ask me the identical questions time and again and over.

“The day I had phrases with him, he had requested me the identical query no less than six occasions and it began to grate on me.

“I didn’t realise it was simply his inquisitive nature, as an alternative I assumed it was an indication he was a Traitor.”

John’s outburst introduced a backlash towards him on social media however he hopes viewers will perceive the pressures the contestants have been underneath.

He mentioned: “It’s not actual life, no one actually will get murdered or banished, however for a minority of viewers who put money into the present a lot that they make alliances of their front room with their favourites, they lash out after they see them challenged.”

Introduced by Claudia Winkleman, The Traitors grew to become a TV smash hit within the weeks main as much as Christmas, with tens of millions delivering.

It noticed gamers often called Faithfuls working collectively to establish the unknown “Traitors” of their midst.

Contestants are eradicated both by being “murdered” by the Traitors or “banished” by their fellow gamers.

The winners – these left on the finish of the present – can win as much as £120,000. Aaron was amongst three winners to separate the prize cash alongside Scot Meryl Williams and Liverpudlian comic Hannah Byczkowski.

Devoted John was “murdered” by the Traitors after they feared he was about to establish Wilf as one of many unknown villains.

“He performed a blinder,” he mentioned of Wilf. “It’s a very robust position to play, conserving that poker face all through.”

The 50-year-old actor revealed he has remained in contact with everybody.

He added: “I completely cherished it and it’s in all probability top-of-the-line issues I've ever accomplished,” earlier than confessing, “I might have cherished to have been a Traitor, 100 per cent.”

Get the most recent movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our each day Showbiz publicationright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post