Sheryl Lee Ralph Says a ‘Famous TV Judge’ Sexually Assaulted Her

Sheryl Lee Ralph

REUTERS/Danny Moloshok

Abbott Elementary star Sheryl Lee Ralph has revealed that she was sexually assaulted years in the past by a “well-known TV decide”—and was subsequently silenced by community executives who noticed what occurred.

Ralph, 66, opened up concerning the alleged incident throughout an interview on the Method Up with Angela Yee podcast earlier this week.

“I’m at a really public place,” she recalled. “I used to be suited. I had my swimsuit on. I used to be dealing with my enterprise for the tv present I used to be on at the moment. He and I had been on the identical community.”

“This man walked in, grabbed me by the again of my neck, turned me round and rammed his nasty-ass tongue down my throat,” she continued. “And all people on the community noticed it.”

The Emmy winner revealed that she had spoken concerning the incident to Marc Morial, the previous mayor of New Orleans who was in workplace from 1994 to 2002. Throughout that time-frame, Ralph was a solid member on the hit present Moesha on the now-defunct UPN community. Ralph mentioned Morial requested her if he needed him to “ship the police down there.” “We'll repair this,” she recalled him saying. Nevertheless, the community needed Ralph to stay silent.

“Anyone on the community tapped me on the shoulder saying, ‘Please don’t,’” Ralph mentioned. “They didn't need any dangerous press round their present and didn't care what had simply occurred to me.”

Ralph didn’t identify her alleged assailant, however clarified that it was not Greg Mathis, whose syndicated present Choose Mathis started in 1999.

“I really like him,” she mentioned concerning the tv star. “He’s an amazing man—not him in any respect. He’s an amazing man. This was one other one.”

The Dreamgirls actress went on to say that experiences like hers “make it onerous for girls to discuss these items,” however inspired ladies to maintain talking out about sexual assault.

“Communicate up,” Ralph mentioned. “Inform your reality. Don't carry the burden of the ache… particularly in the event you really feel prefer it’s one thing you may’t work via.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post