Rino Gattuso reveals Rangers transfer threat from dad who was ready to PUNCH him if he rejected life changing Ibrox cash

Rino Gattuso has admitted his father threatened to PUNCH him if he did not take up a financially helpful transfer to Rangers as a young person.

The no-nonsense Italian is now supervisor of Valencia, however method again in 1997 he was famously dropped at Ibrox by the late Walter Smith. He was shipped out to Salernitana a 12 months later in a £4 million deal as Dick Advocaat wasn't a fan of him. It did not maintain him again as he then moved to AC Milan, scooping two Champions Leagues, two Serie A titles and 2006 World Cup with Italy.

Talking in an interview over in Spain, he is admitted that he had no intention of signing for Rangers over 25 years in the past, till his dad stepped in. Gattuso defined: "I did not wish to go to Glasgow. I had performed two video games in Serie B and was promoted to Serie A with Perugia, the place I performed eight video games with out a contract. Then I performed the U19s finals with Italy. In the future my father comes and tells me that a consultant of Glasgow Rangers has come to city and has provided a contract to me. I did not wish to depart and I advised this to my father. He advised me that the cash they had been providing was a lot he could not even write down the full determine. He advised me it was 4 occasions his whole earnings in his lifetime.

"After I nonetheless mentioned no, he mentioned he would punch me if I did not settle for it, so I signed for Rangers! I went to Glasgow and I did not know anybody and did not have two phrases in English. However after two weeks, I appeared extra Scottish than a Scottish participant. I skilled three or 4 occasions a day, I'd go to the health club for hours. I constructed myself up with this mentality. I knew I did not have nice method, however I ready myself to mentally kill my opponent. I've devoted my life to soccer."

Observe Report Sport on Twitter, Fb and Instagram for the entire up-to-the minute breaking information, video and audio on the SPFL, the Scotland nationwide group and past.

You too can comply with our devoted Rangers and Celtic podcast pages and signal as much as our newsletters to ensure you by no means miss a beat all through the season.

READ NEXT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post