Lanarkshire musician rekindling real spirit of Christmas with single release

A Lanarkshire musician has launched a Christmas tune with a heart-warming message of togetherness.

Dhilin Kunderan, from Coatbridge, has recorded what he describes as a “working class anthem” for the festive interval.

The one; 'Merry Christmas You Aint Missed A lot', has been launched beneath the artist identify Marginals.

Dhilin, a contemporary research trainer at St Ambrose Excessive, has been writing music for a very long time and was the founding father of Airdrie Songwriters’ Membership a decade in the past.

He informed Lanarkshire Dwell: “I selected the identify Marginals for the challenge as I’d at all times fancied utilizing that identify, and it pertains to the marginalised in society.

“My spouse purchased me an electrical piano final Christmas and I’d by no means performed it earlier than, so I began writing songs on it.

“I wrote this tune spherical about February, as I are inclined to get Christmas as soon as it’s over and I’m nostalgic for months later.

Dhilin Kunderan from Coatbridge has launched a Christmas single (Picture: Dhilin Kunderan)

"I took the demo to Joe Kane, who’s within the band The Poppermost and has his personal studio in his home, he’s a complete whizz.”

The dad-of-one hopes the tune will convey folks again collectively and assist them recapture the true spirit of Christmas, significantly after so many household and associates have been stored aside within the final couple of years.

“Its an anthem to have a good time household and togetherness, as a substitute of cash and materials possessions at Christmas," Dhilin continued.

“The Christmas message has been misplaced to consumerism and materialism.

“We should always possibly be specializing in inviting folks spherical and saying, ‘you haven’t actually missed a lot’, and have a very good previous knees up.

“We have to rediscover neighborhood and be extra welcoming. Get collectively, make one another comfortable and we are able to get via this - however always remember who’s accountable.”

'Merry Christmas You Aint Missed A lot' was launched on December 7 and is in the stores and stream on over 150 platforms together with iTunes, Amazon, and Spotify.

Do not miss the most recent headlines from round Lanarkshire. Signal as much as our newsletters right here.

And did you know Lanarkshire Dwell is on Fb? Head over to our web page to offer us a like and share.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post