Jurgen Klopp explains brutal Andy Robertson meeting as 'not that good' Liverpool defending chat paves historic path

Jurgen Klopp says he is happy with how far Andy Robertson has come at Liverpool after the Scotland captain claimed the document for probably the most assists of any Premier League defender.

The left-back put a ball on a plate for Mo Salah in his facet's 3-1 Boxing Day win in opposition to Aston Villa, a sport by which Scotland U21s worldwide Ben Doak made his Reds debut. It was his 54th help, seeing him attain probably the most assists of any defender for the reason that reformation of the English prime flight in 1992/93.

He did not hit the bottom working although when arriving from Hull Metropolis in 2017, and Klopp says a frank dialog on what had to enhance set Robertson on the suitable Liverpool monitor. The German defined: "He is a superb man. I'm not a lot into stats, however what got here first to my thoughts was the man we purchased from Hull. We knew he was an distinctive expertise, however persona [and] character makes you the participant you could be.

"He clearly actually had a superb foundation for that. He was an actual expertise offensively; defensively he was not that good and I bear in mind when he got here into my workplace after half a yr as a result of he didn’t play rather a lot [about] what he has to vary.

"I defined to him how he has to defend once more and I stated, ‘I'm dissatisfied I've to let you know once more as a result of I informed you a few instances, that's the factor it's important to change and every part is okay.’ Now he clearly [is] a correct defender and nonetheless units up balls. I've so many balls in my thoughts the place he missed the free participant within the center; think about he would have been there, extra correct as properly, then the quantity [is] even crazier. It’s an awesome quantity and actually particular."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post