Josip Jurnanovic cherished his World Cup bronze medal with Croatia and instantly turned his ideas to Celtic's large lead over Rangers. The Hoops full again was one of many stars of Qatar after a sequence of excellent shows for his nation, though he was injured for his or her third and fourth place overcome Morocco on the weekend.
His performances have led to large curiosity within the former Legia Warsaw defender from a number of golf equipment in Spain and Italy. However he admitted he had one eye on Celtic's one-sided 1-0 win at Pittodrie in opposition to Aberdeen which was performed a few hours earlier than the semi-final losers' shootout.
Juranovic mentioned: "I noticed that we received and now we're 9 factors forward of Rangers!" And he devoted the third-place end to his critics. He identified: "This medal is for all those that did not imagine in me, to whom I used to be a thorn of their facet. Criticism like that motivates Lionel Messi too.

"I wish to thank my household, buddies and my fiance's household, who all the time cheered me on when it was troublesome. This is without doubt one of the most stunning moments on this planet, I will probably be in Croatian historical past for the remainder of my life, I do not know the right way to describe how I really feel.
"While you play with the gamers that Croatia have, you'll be able to solely enhance. I heard that Jurgen Klinsmann mentioned that I used to be one in all their gamers who he thought had been a revelation on the World Cup - I thank him for his reward, however my staff is accountable for that. While you play with guys like Luka Modric and Mateo Kovacic, every thing is just simpler in your life. I will get pleasure from this second."
READ NEXT