John Barrowman 'devastated' after cancelling UK tour due to 'slow ticket sales'

John Barrowman has admitted that he is completely devastated after cancelling his UK tour as a result of 'sluggish ticket gross sales'.

The entertainer took to his social media to announce the information and inform followers that the tour would now not be going forward. This comes after he was accused final yr of 'inappropriate behaviour' on the set of Physician Who.

The 55-year-old beforehand apologised for "high-spirited behaviour and tomfoolery" after accusations surfaced that he had uncovered himself on the set of the present, the place he performed the function of Captain Jack Harkness.

However regardless of wanting to maneuver on from the accusations, John mentioned he has discovered the previous few years very troublesome and he is very upset that he is needed to cancel his tour.

Within the assertion, he mentioned: "It's with large remorse that we've determined to cancel the UK tour. Sadly, ticket gross sales in sure components of the UK have been sluggish, and with the elevated prices of touring it's now not economically viable to proceed.

"It is a choice that has not been taken flippantly, and I do know a lot of my followers might be very upset, as am I. Personally I'm devastated and like many individuals I've discovered the final years extraordinarily troublesome, presumably the toughest few years of my life. When it will get robust it's typically higher to cease and re-evaluate and that's precisely what I'm going to do. I'm so sorry to all my followers."

And lots of followers flocked to the feedback to ship their assist.

One wrote: "John, I’m disenchanted that you may’t do the present. However I additionally perceive and respect it, you've got my assist and I’m certain many extra followers. Love you and stand by your aspect in all this. You handle your self and your loved ones, us the followers are right here for you."

Whereas one added: "So so so sorry to listen to this! I used to be so excited to see you in York however you’ve completed what's finest for you! All of us perceive subsequent time we are going to all be there to assist you!"

And one other penned: "Very unhappy you have needed to cancel the tour, however excessive reward to you for being so sincere in regards to the purpose & not stringing individuals together with an excuse. I hope that the tour may be placed on once more within the close to future."

Final yr, John joined Lorraine Kelly on her present to speak in regards to the accusations made in opposition to him. Lorraine requested him: "Do you suppose on reflection that you could have crossed a line?"

John Barrowman mentioned he is devastated (Picture: Getty Photographs)

John replied: "I believe if it was now, it could be crossing the road. I believe that one thing that occurred 15 years in the past, it was physique behaviour, foolish behaviour, it was being completed within the confines of the set and we have been like a household, working collectively.

"The truth that it was tales I've already instructed, I have been telling them for years, I have not hidden something, they have been exaggerated and so they've tried to show them into sexual harassment which it completely is just not."

"And the one factor for me, all of the folks that have been making a fuss about it, they weren't there, they do not know the context of issues that have been completed."

He added: "Like I mentioned, I might by no means do it now, however what we're not permitting individuals and myself to do with the continued bashing, we're not permitting individuals to study to adapt and to vary, and that is an important factor, I wish to transfer on and I wish to continued to maneuver ahead."

Get the most recent movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our every day Showbiz publication right here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post