Graeme Souness loving World Cup booze ban as Rangers legend hits out at fans who 'disgrace themselves'

Graeme Souness says Qatar's World Cup alcohol ban has proven soccer again house that it would not want drink to benefit from the huge events.

The Rangers legend is out within the middle-east on punditry duties for the controversial event, which has been marred in allegations of corruption and human rights points. Booze has been banned contained in the stadiums and Souness writes in his Day by day Mail column that this has been for the perfect, and that the infrastructure across the event has pleasantly stunned him.

The Rangers favorite wrote: " Alcohol has created a darkish undercurrent in our personal soccer. Once I arrive at a match I am engaged on again at house lately, I settle for that there is perhaps abuse heading my means as I stroll from the automotive to the stadium. I additionally settle for that it comes with the job. Nobody shouts something at me that I've not heard 100 occasions earlier than. However what I've witnessed out right here in Qatar has been a world of soccer with out that abuse and a very joyous ambiance, wherever you go. A big a part of that flows from the alcohol bans.

"Our soccer seemingly goes hand in hand with hordes of drunken younger males, who not solely shame themselves at worldwide video games however their nation, too. In our tradition, it appears that evidently to have an excellent time at soccer matches, it's important to get paralytically drunk, so the following morning you do not bear in mind what you've got carried out.

"You do not even bear in mind whether or not you've got loved your self or not. It has simply turn out to be normalised and bought steadily worse however being out right here has made me realise that we should not have to simply accept it. There isn't any undercurrent that I've witnessed in seven video games, thus far, and it have to be so pleasing for households, ladies and youngsters who're going to soccer right here and never witnessing individuals embarrassing themselves in drink.

"This ambiance is a part of the rationale why I have been so pleasantly stunned by what I've discovered right here - albeit from throughout the media bubble, being shuttled round by our ITV workforce. I am actually not ignoring the problems this nation has, when it comes to staff' rights and intolerance of the LGBTO group. I think about myself an ally and buddy of that group, after my go to to Brighton Satisfaction three years in the past which taught me a lot.

"However a lot out right here has impressed me. The infrastructure has been wonderful. The stadiums have been extraordinary - and significantly the Lusail the place the ultimate might be held. It's a sporting competition, within the true sense of the phrase."

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post