Dundee star Luke McCowan admits he couldn't celebrate against old Ayr pals

Luke McCowan put Ayr to the sword - then admitted all he needed was certainly one of Lynne Watson's lasagne baguettes.

The Dundee winger was a category aside on Friday night time as his two second half strikes put the Darkish Blues high of the Championship.

However the former United star confessed he could not convey himself to have a good time on his Somerset return.

McCowan mentioned: "I couldn’t have a good time, I simply couldn’t.

“There are simply too many good folks at Ayr United who've helped me and proven me learn how to do a few of that stuff I did on the market.

“I used to be at Ayr for seven years and regardless of after I come again, whether or not it’s ten years from now, I simply couldn’t have a good time towards them as there are too many good folks on the membership.

McCowan makes it 2-0 with a shocking free kick

“It’s folks like Lynne the membership chef - you don’t need to have a good time towards them as they're mainly like household to you they usually have been for thus lengthy.

"All I need to do now could be go and see her for a cheeky wee lasagne baguette, though I am unsure she'll give me one after that!"

McCowan's double salvo despatched Dundee high after they needed to play a lot of the competition at Somerset with 10 males.

Josh Mulligan was despatched packing for an elbow on 18 minutes earlier than Ayr's David Bangala was additionally crimson carded halfway by the second half.

McCowan then pounced with a solo objective and an excellent free kick to win it.

He added: “The final time I used to be at Somerset I got here off greeting as a result of it was my first time again and I got here off injured, I used to be gutted. I used to be then out for a month after that.

“Funnily sufficient I mentioned to a couple people who I’ve recognized for years at Ayr...pay attention I’ll come again and I’ll hopefully not come off limping the subsequent time.

“I do know having been at Ayr for thus lengthy, when groups win at Somerset Park they understand it’s huge it doesn't matter what time of the season it's."

Do not miss the newest Ayrshire headlines –signal as much as our free day by day publication right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post