REUTERS/Mario Anzuoni
On Wednesday’s episode of The View, throughout a dialog about how performers have regularly acquired extra company over their intercourse scenes in Hollywood, actress Christina Ricci shared that earlier in her profession she was threatened with authorized motion as a result of she expressed discomfort with the particulars of 1 such scene.
Requested by host Sarah Haines concerning the variations between her personal expertise and what she had noticed watching youthful actresses at work, Ricci stated, “It’s actually nice. Us older girls speak about it on a regular basis. It’s superb to see that they don’t essentially should undergo the issues we needed to undergo.”
“They’re in a position to say, ‘I don’t wish to do that intercourse scene,’ ‘I’m not going to be bare,’” the Yellowjacketsstar continued. “They'll set boundaries for themselves that we have been by no means allowed to do.”
“Somebody threatened to sue me as soon as as a result of I didn’t wish to do that intercourse scene in a sure approach,” Ricci added, with out naming the undertaking. “It’s actually modified and it’s nice to see.”
Wednesday was not the primary time Ricci publicly recounted the expertise of being threatened with the lawsuit, telling Sydney Sweeney in an Actors on Actors dialog for Selectionfinal June, “That will by no means occur now.”
“What? Oh my God, I’m so sorry,” Sweeney responded.
“It was positive. I didn’t do it anyway. And so they didn’t sue me,” Ricci stated.
Ricci made her movie debut on the age of 9 and have become a family identify starring as Wednesday Addams in The Addams Household a yr later. She cemented her identify as a teen idol with tasks like Casper, Now and Then, and Gold Diggers: The Secret of Bear Mountain.
Now 43 years previous, and with a slew of different movie and tv tasks below her belt, Ricci stated on The View that she noticed Yellowjackets as “probably the most unbelievable experiences” of her profession.
In her Selection dialog, she informed Sweeney that beginning work on the Showtime sequence in 2019 was “the primary time” she realized how a lot the business had pivoted to view performers’ consent and company in a distinct mild.
“With the conversations that have been had on our set about intimacy and other people’s consolation, it was the primary time I noticed that issues have actually modified,” she stated, “and ladies are actually allowed to say, ‘I’m not comfy.’”