Ex Zambia supervisor AIjosa Asanovic reckons Rangers must unleash Style Sakala and play him as a No.10.
Sakala has struggled for minutes underneath Gio van Bronckhorst this season and the overwhelming majority of the enjoying time he has had has seen him play out large. Antonio Colak and Alfredo Morelos have been the lads trusted up high with Sakala's electrical tempo usually used on the wing, and often off the bench.
It means he has only one purpose in 12 appearances for Rangers this season and Asanovic, who briefly managed him earlier than giving up the Zambia job earlier this 12 months, reckons his poor return is all the way down to the very fact he's being under-utilised out large. With Rangers struggling to attain targets on the identical degree as rivals Celtic, bowing out of the Champions League with simply two to their identify, Asanovic reckons utilizing Sakala in the identical position as he did may very well be the important thing to unlocking defences.

He stated: “I’m a giant fan of Style. He was a giant a part of our squad for the World Cup qualifiers, he scored in opposition to Equatorial Guinea and Tunisia, in addition to getting a hat-trick in opposition to Mauritania.
"If I used to be the coach of Rangers, I do know the place he would play — and it wouldn’t be on the wing. The way in which Zambia performed, Patson Daka of Leicester was my foremost striker, however Style was behind him as a No 10.Pay attention, I’m a coach, I perceive the coach of Rangers will see it otherwise. He sees Style’s tempo and makes use of it large, I get why he does that.
“However for us, he might make his runs past the striker and it was arduous for opponents to cope with. On the wing, he has to expend power going again to assist my countryman Borna Barisic on the left, or the Rangers right-back.
“Style is an effective participant, although — in addition to tempo, he has a very good shot. I watch the Champions League each week and I do know it has been disappointing for Rangers. What number of did they rating? Not many! It’s an incredible membership however typically the coach has to take just a little danger to see if he can get extra from his squad. Perhaps that danger is to offer Style extra freedom of their line-up.
“He’s a man who has one thing completely different and Rangers deserve credit score for seeing him when he performed at Oostende in Belgium. Fashionable soccer isn’t a kindergarten however typically it's a must to discover time to nurture gamers at first.
“With a man like Borna, you don’t want to fret, he has that character inside him. Not all gamers do. However I beloved working with Style and I actually hope he does effectively in Scotland. He performs for a giant membership in an incredible stadium and has a pleasant way of life. However in Zambia he’s so proud to play for the nationwide workforce and folks like that about him.”
READ NEXT