Sir Rod Stewart reveals he will be supporting Brazil over England in World Cup

Sir Rod Stewart has revealed he'll be supporting Brazil over England on this yr's World Cup.

The star received up early this morning to seem on Magic Radio with Ronan Keating and Harriet Scott to speak about life and one among his favorite topics, soccer.

It is no secret that the 77-year-old is a big Celtic fan, all the time helps his roots and cheers on Scotland once they compete in worldwide competitions.

So when the topic of the World Cup got here up, presenter Harriet went on to ask the Maggie Could singer if he might be supporting England since Scotland did not qualify for the competitors. He stated: "My dad was from Edinburgh so I've Scottish blood in me and we do not like them doing properly. However saying that each one my mates assist England! However I will be supporting Brazil!"

Rod has typically spoken about falling in love with soccer due to his dad. He even devoted a tune to him on his new album, Touchline.

Talking beforehand concerning the tribute to his father, he stated: “If you realize something about me you realize that our dad’s love of soccer has most positively left its impression on me and my brothers and I’m delighted that it’s now such an necessary a part of my youngsters’s lives as properly.

He added: "The tune Touchline was my tribute to him and I’m so comfortable and moved that the brand new video takes that to the last word degree."

Rod Stewart pays tribute to his dad ahead of the Scottish Music Awards
Rod Stewart and his dad. (Picture: YouTube)

The monitor and video are a heartfelt dedication to his Edinburgh-born father Robert, with Rod describing him as “a Scotsman and plumber by commerce” within the lyrics.

In Touchline, Rod sings: “Now it is my time on the aspect within the rain and watch my boys play the attractive recreation. And typically, typically I look as much as the clouds and I say ‘Dad I hope you are wanting down, trigger if it wasn't for you, all this may not have been.’”

Rod Stewart and family celebrating a Celtic win earlier this year
Rod Stewart and household celebrating a Celtic win earlier this yr (Picture: Instagram)

Throughout his look on the radio present. Ronan and Harriet additionally requested Rod how he retains his blonde appears to be like wanting wonderful and the rocker revealed the tip he used earlier than he found merchandise. He stated: "I now use wax, mousse and lacquer, however earlier than once I was youthful I used to make use of heat water and sugar and it stood up like Dusty Springfield!"

Since Rod is heading out on his UK tour simply shortly, Ronan went on to ask if he has any riders convey him something particular to have again stage. Rod went on to disclose that he simply has one request and it is booze. He stated: "No nothing actually, just some bottles of wine, my band can drink!" Harriet replied: "Pink, white or rose?"

He laughed: "All of them!"

Get the most recent movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our weekly Showbiz publicationright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post