Rangers hero Kris Boyd issues cheeky dig as he salutes record-breaking Scots striker

Rangers hero Kris Boyd could not resist a cheeky dig as he stunned a record-breaking Ayrshire footballer with a hilarious video message.

Former Ibrox star Boyd was fast to move on his congratulations after Irvine Victoria striker Kevin Adam broke his membership's all-time goalscoring report on Saturday.

Adam, 33, took his tally for the Ayrshire West of Scotland League aspect to 147 with a purpose in opposition to Carluke Rovers to move Andy Clarkson's 40-year-long report.

Ex-Scotland worldwide Boyd was impressed sufficient to report a message for a particular video package deal put collectively by the membership.

However the footballer-turned TV pundit playfully put Adam's exploits in to context as he bigged-up his personal goalscoring feats.

Flashing his trademark toothy grin, Boyd, who additionally performed with Kilmarnock, mentioned: "Alright Kev huge man, congratulations on breaking Irvine Victoria's all-time goalscoring report.

"147 targets - a incredible achievement. God sake, it solely took me about three yr to do this! How lengthy you been enjoying for?

Boyd contributed to special video package
Boyd contributed to particular video package deal (Picture: Irvine Vics/Youtube)

"However hear, nicely carried out. All the very best to you and the boys for the remainder of the season. I hope you go and win that league.

"Good luck, cheers and nicely carried out 'trigger it isn't straightforward scoring targets - some simply make it look straightforward."

Adam instructed Ayrshire Soccer Information he was proud to make historical past - however instantly set his sights on a brand new targets goal.

He mentioned: “I’m completely delighted to get the report – it’s been a very long time coming.

“Once I got here again to the membership I used to be assured I may get it so I’m actually proud. Somebody talked about that my subsequent goal must be 200 targets however I’m 33 now and I’m unsure If I’ve acquired that in my legs!

“I’m simply concentrating on ending prime goalscorer this yr. Strikers are judged by their targets and I’ve acquired good competitors right here.”

Do not miss the newest Ayrshire headlines –signal as much as our free every day publication right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post