A mum who has had 9 kids in six years is now pregnant along with her tenth little one - and says she is "holding an open thoughts" for extra. Amanda Sellers, 29, had all the time wished a giant household and satisfied her husband, Chris, 33, to share in her dream once they began courting in January 2013.
After simply three months collectively, Chris proposed in Could 2013 and the pair tied the knot in July of that yr. The newlyweds then instantly began attempting for a child. Chris - who already had two sons, Logan, 12, and Ryan, 11, from a earlier relationship - was initially uncertain about increasing their brood however got here round to the thought as quickly because the couple welcomed Liam, now eight, in February 2014.
Amanda then gave beginning to twin ladies, Mya and Mia, now seven, in Could 2015 and twin boys, Asher and Brycen, now 5, in January 2017. In November 2018 they welcomed Eli, now three, and shortly after had Emma, now two, in July 2020. Amanda and Chris at the moment are wanting ahead to welcoming their tenth child due in January 2023, Hull Stay stories.
All of their children are at the moment home-schooled and the household has a 15 seater transit van to get round in. With so many mouths to feed, Amanda plans the household's meals a month prematurely and does a giant meals store that totals round £1k. An extra £350 is spent monthly restocking their contemporary produce every week.
Amanda, a stay-at-home mum, mentioned: “I’ve all the time wished a big household and as many kids as potential. Once I had Liam, having three children was onerous however after that it felt the identical.

“Having the three younger children is way more durable than having 10 kids in my eyes. All of them get alongside and are very outgoing.
“I try to train all of them to be impartial to allow them to assist out with chores and be capable to type their very own breakfast and lunch.”
Chris, who works as a structural metal detailer, mentioned: “I used to be apprehensive at first of getting a giant household however now I wouldn’t change it for the world. For those who’d have advised me then that I’d have 9 kids and one on the way in which I might have mentioned you had been loopy.

“We’re attempting to construct a wholesome bond with the youngsters. I don’t assume we might ever have too many kids that we wouldn’t have time or love for.”
Chris and Amanda stayed in a three-bed home once they had their first little one collectively, Liam, in February 2014. The pair then took in Chris’ kids, Ryan and Logan, and settled into life as a family-of-five.
“This was the largest adjustment,” Amanda mentioned. “I believed: 'If I can do three younger kids, I can do something.'”
Now the couple have 9 kids collectively, all born throughout the final six years, and couldn’t be happier. “There wasn’t a yr I wasn’t pregnant from 2013 to 2020,” Amanda mentioned. "I believe 2021 is the one yr I haven’t been.”
To ensure they all the time have sufficient meals in, Amanda organises all of the household meals for a month prematurely. “I plan about 15 dinners after which double them,” she mentioned. “I don’t plan out the precise days we've the meals however I be certain that we've sufficient. We have now a giant chest freezer within the basement and fridge freezer within the kitchen.

“I’d love one other freezer if we had room.”
To maintain the family working easily, she teaches all the youngsters to be impartial from a younger age. "Most of them know easy methods to put the wash on, or make a peanut butter sandwich,” she mentioned.
“I set a ten minute timer most days to get them to all tidy up. It may be chaotic at instances however so can any family.”
The older kids even have designated chores, which get switched round every week, to assist carry on prime of the endless dishes and laundry. Chris works from dwelling and all the youngsters are home-schooled.
“All of them get on with their work,” Amanda mentioned. “After which as soon as a day I’ll verify what they've been doing with every of them.”
To maintain prices as little as potential, they've a finances of round £45 per little one for Christmas and birthdays and as an alternative prioritise time spent celebrating collectively. The couple can’t wait to welcome their new arrival - due in January 2023.
“I’m very pleased with our household measurement,” Amanda mentioned. “10 is a good quantity.
“We expect this could be our final child however we’re holding an open thoughts for extra.”
Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day e-newsletter right here.