Liam Fox rues Dundee United 'lack of responsibility' to stop Celtic gut punch

Liam Fox slammed his Dundee United gamers for a scarcity of accountability as they threw away a treasured Parkhead level and sunk to all-time low within the desk. Dylan Levitt’s 87th minute equaliser seemed to have earned the Taysiders a invaluable draw having trailed 2-1.

However they crumbled as Celtic threw every little thing at them within the ultimate minutes. And Fox reckons the defending on the ninetieth minute nook which led to Kyogo Furuhashi restoring the Hoops’ lead merely wasn’t adequate. He mentioned: “Robust to take. I’m extra pissed off for the gamers than the rest, they put a lot into the sport.

“To get again degree with a few minutes to play, everyone knows how troublesome it's to take something from Celtic Park, so to get ourselves ready to do this after which to modify off from a set piece... The fourth purpose is irrelevant, it is the third that kills us. It isn't adequate from us that late within the sport. We all know there's going to be an onslaught. We labored on that through the week, which makes it much more irritating. I perceive whenever you make subs that there is a component of change to the set ups that we do however we'd like individuals to take accountability and step up in these moments.”

Millwall scouts have been at Parkhead to run the rule over United midfield duo Levitt and McGrath. Welsh ace Levitt climbed off the bench to curve residence the 87th minute equaliser whereas Irish ace McGrath held his personal in the course of the park. And Fox mentioned: "I would count on that, individuals need to come and watch good gamers. If we're taking part in properly and gamers are performing, it is regular for individuals to return and watch them. That is what golf equipment do. No one charges Dylan Levitt larger than me and I bought a superb response from him as we speak. I'm delighted for him.”

Fox admitted VAR labored in his facet’s favour with the early penalty award - every week on from it costing Tony Watt a crimson card which was overturned on enchantment. However he mentioned: "I wasn't finest happy with it final week however this week it has in all probability labored in our favour getting the penalty. From my perspective, I want they take a bit longer to get the suitable resolution nevertheless it does disrupt the movement of the sport.”

READ NEXT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post