Lewis Ferguson has solely been at Bologna for 4 months. Lengthy sufficient, although, to have been hit for six within the San Siro, win a Serie A prize, been linked with Juventus and scared by a person on a motorcycle.
La dolce vita, as they are saying in these components. The Scotland star is flourishing and placing his stamp everywhere in the Italian high flight. He took the choice to observe within the footsteps of fellow Scot Aaron Hickey when he swapped Aberdeen for the Stadio Renato Dall’Ara in the summertime.
Ferguson admitted: “The San Siro one was a tricky night time. Inter have been ruthless to be truthful. They induced us issues, as you possibly can think about with the standard they've. In equity, we bounced again and did brilliantly towards Sassuolo earlier than the break. I received the purpose which topped all of it off. I received the purpose of the month nevertheless it was good as a result of all my friends and my mum, dad and brothers have been all on the recreation. It was good to attain whereas all people was throughout.”
Ferguson’s Bologna profession has actually taken lift-off. He's enjoying often, scoring targets and has even been linked with a transfer to the Previous Girl of Turin. But it took him time to seek out his toes. It was a gradual and irritating begin for the 23-year-old. He needed to serve a left-over Scottish home suspension after which work allow delay left him cooling his heels additional. It didn’t assist that Bologna have been struggling and head coach Thiago Motta got here in to interchange Sinisia Mihajlovic.
Ferguson defined: “The primary couple of months have been a bit psychological. It was onerous as a result of I missed the primary few video games as a result of I used to be suspended after which I missed the First Coppa Italia recreation due to a visa difficulty.
“I needed to return to Scotland for my visa. I had all the things in place however they took my passport as a result of that's the course of now due to the brand new post-Brexit guidelines. I used to be informed it may take up 14 days to get it again. I had anticipated to simply get my passport again and to return to Italy however I needed to prepare myself in Scotland.
“Fortunately, after per week I received my passport and all of the paperwork again. I then needed to get registered and so I missed the cup recreation. We have been additionally underneath a little bit of stress as a result of the outcomes weren’t nice and so the supervisor wanted outcomes and he in all probability went with the extra skilled guys he knew, which was truthful sufficient.
“All this stuff set you again when you find yourself making an attempt to make an impression at a brand new workforce. You need to play catch-up together with your match health and being concerned within the video games. Fortunately, I managed to drive myself into the workforce and I’ve began the previous few matches. The change of supervisor in all probability labored in my favour. Motta has been actually good to me.”
Ferguson is now making his mark at displaying why he was the most effective younger gamers in Scotland and why Bologna have been so eager to land him. Ferguson admitted it was a giant factor make his debut within the San Siro towards AC Milan after which to web his first Serie A purpose once more Leece final month after which backed it up with one other towards Monza, however the choose of the bunch was a give-and-go earlier than he curled in from the sting of the field towards Sassuolo simply earlier than the break. That strike was voted purpose of the month for November.

The delighted Scotland star admitted: “It simply provides you confidence. I need to go and rating targets to get my targets and stats as much as assist the workforce. Getting the primary purpose was massive for me and gave me a carry to know I may do it at this degree. To do it two leagues games-in-a-row was sensible. Hopefully, I can maintain getting myself into the field and there shall be loads extra to come back.”
Fergie thinks transferring will assist take his recreation to a different degree towards high opposition and coaching with high gamers day-after-day. He said: “The extent is unbelievable, even in coaching. I'm up towards guys like (Gary) Medel and (Marko) Arnautovic and they're at it on a regular basis in coaching. Now we have a squad stuffed with worldwide gamers and it's the similar if you play most groups over right here. When you change off even in coaching you're going to get punished.”
Bologna at the moment are climbing again up the desk. Ferguson can be turning into a fan’s favorite.
He defined: “The supporters are actually good and I've loved it. Not as many individuals observed me at first however scoring targets and enjoying has introduced me a bit extra consideration. The followers are nice and simply need to say howdy or want you all the perfect when you find yourself out within the metropolis. There have been one or two barely weird requests.
“I used to be standing at site visitors lights when this man got here as much as me on a motorcycle and I received a wee little bit of a scare. He mentioned: 'Ferguson, picture?' I simply mentioned okay. He took the picture after which rode off."
Ferguson now has one other member of the Ferguson fan membership as his girlfriend, Lauren, gave beginning to their first baby, daughter, Lake, earlier this month. The previous Dons star beamed: “Now we have a wee lady, Lake. I simply received again from the Scotland journey to Turkey and the day we received again my girlfriend went into labour. I’ve been again in Scotland for just a few weeks since. I'm going again over Thursday as a result of we're again coaching on Friday. My girlfriend and daughter will keep in Scotland till January till we get Lake’s passport sorted."
READ NEXT