Ayr woman stunned after 'smug' parking warden fines her for picking up steak pie for her disabled mum

A girl has slammed a cold-hearted parking warden who fined her as she collected a steak pie for her disabled mum.

An Ayr parking attendant has come beneath fireplace once more after one other disgruntled resident was left counting the price for venturing into city to choose up dinner.

We beforehand advised how a fine-happy attendant has been inflicting havoc amongst merchants within the backside finish of the city.

Enterprise house owners of Newmarket Avenue beforehand fumed after being on the receiving finish of numerous bookings.

Now a resident has piled on the strain on the identical enforcement officer accusing him of being 'smug'.

Martha McCrone was surprised when she was given a ticket after operating into the store to seize a ready-made order at Pollok Williamson’s butchers on Ayr Excessive Avenue earlier this month.

Martha was slammed by a fine outside Pollok Williamson in Ayr High Street
Martha was slammed by a positive outdoors Pollok Williamson in Ayr Excessive Avenue (Picture: Ayrshire Publish)

Martha had taken her aged mum Agnes, who's blind and wheelchair certain, into the city after their native store in Forehill had run out of orders.

However she was left filled with remorse after the officer dished out a positive regardless of her solely leaving her automobile for simply minutes on Tuesday, November 4.

A livid Martha advised Ayrshire Reside : “I can’t imagine I used to be booked when simply going into the butchers to gather a steak pie.

“It was at 4pm and it was pouring of rain. I've a blue badge for my mum however there was no disabled bays in any respect.

Traders on Newmarket Street previously slammed the warden for 'killing trade'
Merchants on Newmarket Avenue beforehand slammed the warden for 'killing commerce' (Picture: Alasdair MacLeod/Ayrshire Publish)

“There was work occurring on the different facet of the highway. I parked in a loading bay and walked two doorways all the way down to the store.

“Once I bought again the attendant was there. I went up and tried to elucidate. He had a smug look on his face.

“He simply ignored the whole lot I had advised him, he simply stated ‘will I hand you it or will I stick it on the automobile.’ I assumed it was simply so merciless and evil to do this actually.”

Roads chiefs have defended the attendant saying that non-disabled individuals mustn't “take benefit” of their parking advantages whereas the blue badge holder sits within the automobile.

However Martha has strongly defended accusations that she has abused her mum’s blue badge.

She added: “I don’t abuse the blue badge however there wasn’t any out there areas and I used to be within the store lower than a minute.

“It could have taken me 10 minutes to get my mum out the automobile and right into a wheelchair.

“The entire thing has actually put me off coming into city. There may be not sufficient areas out there and it's extra problem than what it's price.”

A spokesperson for Ayrshire Roads Alliance stated: "Blue Badge holders are entitled to park in lots of locations that are usually off limits, nonetheless there are guidelines which the holders should adhere to.

“One of many guidelines is that holders mustn't permit non-disabled individuals to benefit from their parking advantages whereas they sit within the automobile.”

Do not miss the newest Ayrshire headlines –signal as much as our free each day e-newsletter right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post