Touched Ally McCoist says he has nothing however respect for the Celtic gamers who introduced him with a signed present following his ultimate recreation for Kilmarnock in 2001 – and he treasures it to this present day.
The Rangers hero was the scourge of the Hoops many occasions however he reveals there have been no onerous emotions after he hung up his boots, signing off with a 1-0 win over Martin O'Neill's crew. Celtic had already stormed the league and went on to win the Treble however McCoist's Kilmarnock went out on a excessive with a 1-0 win, courtesy of Alan Mahood, that fired them into fourth place and the UEFA Cup qualifiers.
There could have been a touch of selective forgetfulness on present from McCoist as he insists he "cannot keep in mind" if O'Neill's well-known facet received the league that yr. However he admits he was touched by the Celtic gamers who got here into the Kilmarnock dressing room and introduced him with a signed shirt, which he nonetheless holds dearly at present.
Requested on talkSPORT about his ultimate recreation as a participant, he mentioned: "My ultimate recreation was for Kilmarnock towards Celtic, and the goalscorer was Alan Mahood, am I proper? We beat Celtic 1-0 to qualify for Europe.
"The ultimate factor was, the ironic factor, Kris Boyd got here on for me in its place. After that recreation, I am going to inform you one other factor, the Celtic gamers should have been gutted concerning the end result though additionally they certified for Europe – I can not keep in mind in the event that they received the league that yr. Anyway, one of many boys got here in and introduced me with a Celtic jersey that every one the gamers had signed."
The studio have been then shocked he is stored it given his connections throughout the town however a respectful McCoist mentioned: "I've nonetheless acquired it, completely. What, did you assume I gave it to subsequent door?
"It was a really good contact. I am utterly critical, respect. It was very type of them to think about that."
READ NEXT