A girl who was attacked by a twisted Scots rapist was left ‘crying and shaking’ after discovering the intercourse beast plans to enchantment his conviction. Kerry Malcolm, who has bravely waived her proper to anonymity, was attacked by evil George Newby after Kerry handed out throughout a Valentine’s Day flat occasion in Edinburgh final yr.
The 35-year-old beforehand instructed how the intercourse predator, whom she had thought-about a buddy after figuring out him for years, bizarrely gave her a bunch of flowers simply hours after pinning her to a mattress and attempting to rape her in February 2021. He was jailed in September this yr after being discovered responsible on the Excessive Courtroom in Edinburgh for attacking Kerry and raping one other weak younger girl.
However the mum was left in floods of tears after being instructed her attacker, 32, now plans to problem his conviction and sentence - sparking fears he will likely be granted bail within the meantime. Kerry mentioned: “After I came upon, I simply began crying and shaking. My associate needed to maintain me as a result of I assumed he was positively getting out.
“The Procurator Fiscal has instructed me that it’s unlikely that he'll nevertheless it’s not 100 per cent that he’ll be getting stored in jail. There’s no assure. You examine folks like this getting out so I’ve been sitting on edge on a regular basis.
“They inform you to attempt to transfer on after the trial however how can I when he is in a position to do that? The courtroom case has actually simply completed after which this has occurred.

“He shouldn’t be allowed to enchantment - the jury discovered him responsible as a result of he's. I simply really feel prefer it’s unfair. I’m nonetheless attempting to recover from the courtroom case and I’m nonetheless having nightmares and freaking out when my door goes.”
A letter despatched to Kerry from the Crown Workplace and Procurator Fiscal knowledgeable her that Newby had intimated his intention to enchantment each sentence and conviction to the Excessive Courtroom.
Talking after the trial, Kerry instructed the Report that she initially regarded her attacker as a buddy, having identified him for years. However their friendship took a sinister flip after he pounced on her as she slept at a flat within the Pilton space of the town.
She mentioned: “I began feeling all dizzy and I went to lie down on a mattress however I wakened with him on prime of me. He had my fingers pinned up above my head. I shouted ‘what the f***’ and I pushed him off me.
“He didn’t say something. He simply went to sleep. He gave me flowers after it as a result of it was Valentine’s Day. I took them house as a result of I used to be nonetheless underneath the affect and in shock however the police got here and took them away. ”
Newby was additionally discovered responsible of raping his first sufferer, who can't be named for authorized causes, at a property within the Loganlea Street space of the capital on August 8, 2020. He repeatedly touched her on the breasts and buttocks, kissed her neck, and pinned her to the ground earlier than performing a intercourse act on her after pulling at her clothes.
The brute then grabbed her by the neck and raped her to her damage. Throughout his sentencing, the courtroom was instructed that Newby posed a ‘excessive threat of sexual reoffending’ and had proven no perception into the consequences of his crimes.
He was jailed for seven years and positioned on the intercourse offenders’ register for an indefinite interval.
Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day e-newsletterright here.