Rangers won't ever be a membership Steven Gerrard manages once more, in keeping with Barry Ferguson.
The previous Gentle Blues boss has been soccer's largest speaking level on Friday after Aston Villa sacked him following a 3-0 Premier League defeat to Fulham on Thursday. It places him out a job lower than a 12 months after leaving Ibrox, the place he introduced the Premiership title again to Govan in 2021.
It was put to membership hero and File Sport columnist Ferguson on Go Radio whether or not or not Gerrard might make a shock return to Glasgow amid debate on present Rangers boss Giovanni van Bronckhorst 's future, however the former midfielder's reply was emphatic. He stated: "No likelihood, I do not suppose that can occur. No method. He is left and he is went elsewhere. He is gone to Aston Villa and sadly it has not labored out for him. I take a look at it from a Rangers viewpoint.
"It was a constructing course of with Gerrard. I assumed he did a superb job at Rangers however I simply can't see that taking place. I do not know (if followers would take him again).
"I do know loads of them have been sad that he left within the first place so it will be 50-50. You would want to ask individuals's opinions."