Scots domestic abuse survivor speaks out against violent ex who wouldn't let her use toilet alone

A courageous survivor of home abuse who endured 10 months of hell by the hands of her evil ex has spoken out about her ordeal.

Twisted Luke Mackie, 21, subjected Nicole Connor to virtually one 12 months of terrifying abuse - together with choking her and slicing her off from her household and pals.

Mackie, on remand at HMP Edinburgh, would not let Nicole go to the toilet alone and threatened to kill her and her members of the family.

The thug pleaded responsible to 12 offences at Dundee Sheriff Court docket earlier this month and will likely be sentenced in November. Nicole, 23, has waived her proper to anonymity to talk out in regards to the lasting impression his actions have had on her life.

Luke Mackie has been exposed as a serial domestic abuser
Luke Mackie has been uncovered as a serial home abuser (Picture: provided)

She informed the Report: “He can be good as something after which he would simply change. It was like flicking a swap.

“He wanted management. He wouldn’t let me go wherever, not even to see my sister. I wasn't allowed to go to the toilet on my own as a result of Luke thought I used to be going to message folks behind his again. He would come into the toilet to regulate me.

Mackie and Nicole started a relationship in October 2020, but it surely turned violent and abusive inside weeks. He would choke Nicole to limit her respiratory, beat her up and steal her telephone and automobile keys.

Luke Mackie choked Nicole on several occasions
Luke Mackie choked Nicole on a number of events (Picture: provided)

She ended the connection in Might 2021 - however Mackie continued to harass her for one more two months. The thug adopted her house and to her work, and hounded her with telephone calls and abusive textual content messages.

In a single sinister message, he warned police may develop into concerned, writing: "Higher hope once I get in contact with the police it is not your identify that they are talking about - not be a very good day."

Nicole, who works as a nurse, now takes anti-anxiety treatment and sleeping tablets to get to sleep. However she continues to be haunted by night time terrors. Her household or pals usually keep over to assist calm her down.

She continued: "After we break up up, he adopted me house and from my work. He threatened to kill me and my household for weeks. He's harmful."

Luke Mackie subjected Nicole to months of physical and emotional abuse
Luke Mackie subjected Nicole to months of bodily and emotional abuse (Picture: provided)

"Now I battle to exit alone in public and I can’t exit at night time anymore.

“I barely get any sleep, some nights I don’t sleep in any respect. I’ve been left so anxious, wherever I am going. I believe I’ll reside in fixed worry that he'll come again.

“He is simply an evil man, and it is made it troublesome for me to belief anybody. I’ve discovered it arduous to keep up relationships, as a result of I’m frightened this can occur to me once more. I can’t even reply the telephone if I don’t recognise the quantity.

“It will have an effect on me for the remainder of my life.”

Nicole additionally finds it troublesome to deal with sufferers who've been attacked by their companions as she finds it “bodily an excessive amount of" to take care of.

Mackie pleaded responsible to a cost of coercive conduct towards Nicole between October 1 2020 and July 31 2021. However the 21-year-old additionally admitted 4 expenses towards one other girlfriend that he later met.

Luke Mackie has been held on remand while he awaits sentencing
Luke Mackie has been held on remand whereas he awaits sentencing (Picture: provided)

Dundee Sheriff Court docket heard he struck the second girl on the top and physique at a taxi rank in Dundee in January 2022. A month later, at a Premier Inn resort in Edinburgh, he brandished a boiled kettle at his new accomplice, pointed a glass bottle at her neck and threw her onto a mattress earlier than spitting in her face and refusing to let her depart - an act classed as abduction.

Mackie spent a taxi journey between the resort and Waverley practice station uttering derogatory remarks, and hurled her telephone on a tramline. On the station itself, he informed her to not board the practice and struck her within the face, kicking over her suitcase.

He additionally admitted 4 different assault expenses, together with two assaults on law enforcement officials, two counts of threatening or abusive behaviour and a cost of possessing cocaine. He dedicated seven of the twelve crimes he admitted to while on bail. Mackie is because of be sentenced on November 11.

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - signal as much as our every day publicationright here.

Learn subsequent:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post