He’s made lower than 10 appearances at Irish League degree, however Issac Baird’s performances for Glenavon recommend that he's going to have an extended profession.
No matter how lengthy he performs, the 17-year-old midfielder should go some to attain a greater aim than his first in senior soccer.
His gorgeous 20-yard strike simply after the hour mark put Glenavon firmly within the driving seat as they clicked at the beginning of the second-half, scoring thrice in 11 minutes with Conor McCloskey and Eoin Bradley netting earlier than Matthew Fitzpatrick and Aaron Prendergast struck in a while to compound Dungannon Swifts’ distress.
It was a becoming reward for a teenager who, it appears, has the perspective to match his capability.
“I’ve been shut a couple of instances within the final couple of weeks and I’ve simply actually needed to attain,” mentioned Baird who, though he left with the person of the match champagne, should wait one other couple of weeks earlier than he’s of age to drink it.
“Fortunately it fell to me and I received a very good connection and it went into the highest nook.
“I’ve been staying after coaching to do extra capturing and it’s paid off. It felt good. It’s a category feeling. I’ve by no means skilled it earlier than as a result of it was my first aim at senior degree.”
The teenager who, earlier than August, was nonetheless enjoying youth soccer added: “The step up is huge bodily, mentally and the quickness of the sport too.
“I struggled at the beginning, however I've gained extra confidence and I've adjusted to the pace of the sport, so I simply must maintain going and maintain doing it.”
GLENAVON: Brown, Kerr, Ward, Wallace, Glynn (McCloskey, 43 minutes), Scannell, Malone (Snoddy, 81 minutes), Baird (Garrett, 81 minutes), P Campbell, Bradley (Doyle, 70 minutes), Fitzpatrick (Prendergast 70 minutes). Unused subs: Carey, Doran.
DUNGANNON: Dunne, McGee (Walsh, 65 minutes), Breen, Marron, Coyle, McGinty, Knowles (S Scott, 84 minutes), J Scott (Animasahun, 84 minutes), Mayse (Cushnie, 65 minutes), McCready (Gallagher, 65 minutes), R Campbell. Unused subs: Groogan, O’Connor.
Referee:Jamie Robinson (Portadown).
Man of the match:Isaac Baird
Match ranking: 8/10