Stephen Lowry has paid a heat tribute to Coleraine supervisor Oran Kearney, who celebrated his five hundredth sport in cost this week, and he believes his boss can nonetheless land one other huge job in England or Scotland.
The former Linfield midfielder saved St Mirren within the Scottish Premiership after a Play-Off win over Dundee United however his spell on the membership got here to an finish in 2019 after virtually 10 months in cost.
Kearney returned to the Bannsiders, the place he's relishing the problem once more within the north west.
In his 500 milestone match, Coleraine edged out derby rivals Ballymena United 1-0 within the BetMcLean League Cup in midweek.
Lowry, who's recovering from a wrist harm, was with Kearney in sport one and he knew from very early on the previous Ballymena United man could be a profitable supervisor.
From Irish Cup Closing success and European pleasure to League struggles, it’s been a rollercoaster experience however the 44-year-old has retained a powerful urge for food to cost for achievement in an more and more powerful atmosphere.
Bold Kearney, whose aspect host Linfield at the moment, has left the door open to a return to full-time administration throughout the water and Lowry says one other swap wouldn’t shock him.
“He’s greater than able to managing a full-time membership,” acknowledged Lowry.
“For no matter purpose, it didn’t work out for him in Scotland and I used to be glad to see him return as I had re-signed for Coleraine from Linfield earlier than Oran left.
“Alternatives will current themselves, although Oran is properly settled and having fun with Coleraine.
“There'll all the time be speak of managers transferring on to greater and higher Leagues, that applies to the highest gamers and managers. There's that menace with Oran however he may hold rebuilding Coleraine.
“The Irish League is an efficient place to handle with huge challenges and the sport is increased profile. I can’t converse for different folks’s ambitions however I do know Oran is having fun with the problem at Coleraine.”
A supervisor’s existence is usually a lonely one, particularly when criticism comes.
For any boss to make it to 500 video games at one membership is an achievement price celebrating.
“I congratulated Oran on his 500 video games and I couldn’t imagine it, I performed in his first sport, additionally in opposition to Ballymena United, and it was the identical consequence. Kyle McVey scored a penalty,” continued Lowry.
“I’m delighted for him, it’s a superb and superb achievement. As Oran stated, the primary 5 years have been probably extra tense however that was most likely when he realized essentially the most.
“As a supervisor, you might be there to be shot at and criticised. You need to plan forward and handle a squad and Oran has proved he’s greater than able to doing that.
“I knew from day one he was going to be a very good supervisor from coping with him.
“It’s not likely a shock to me he’s made it to 500 video games and I’m positive there’s lots extra in him. I've simply been fortunate to be a participant underneath him for lots of these video games and I’ve been rewarded for that relationship.”
The 35-year-old Limavady man established a powerful bond with Kearney from early on and that relationship and belief has developed over time.
“I feel I’m an honest choose of character, we had a very good relationship from early on and he was all the time truthful in how he dealt with his gamers,” stated Lowry.
“Tactically he might get it proper and inspire you to play properly. He anticipated excessive requirements, had a great way about him and also you knew he was going locations.
“I can keep in mind having a dialog with my dad (Ken) about Oran after I was a younger participant. When a younger participant finds a very good supervisor it’s a vital factor to occur and gamers will all the time look again and mirror on which managers received one of the best out of them.
“I’ve all the time had that with Oran due to his administration type. I've performed fairly a bit for him which has helped and that belief is there which is nice. I’d wish to congratulate him on 500 and hopefully there’s lots extra.”
Recent funding and full-time constructions have modified the League and made the problem confronted by the part-time sides much more formidable.
“It’s one other studying curve for the golf equipment and managers,” added Lowry. “Newer managers haven’t seen the sport that Oran noticed prior to now. It’s a brand new problem and getting harder to compete however credit score to the part-time sides for holding their very own. It’s good for the League and Coleraine are bold underneath Oran’s management to problem for trophies.”
Lowry was teaching final night time for a Northern Eire youth staff and he might have a look at the administration sport when he finishes taking part in.
“I benefit from the teaching,” he stated. “I most likely will do one thing sooner or later. Administration is interesting too however I’ll play so long as I can.”
The midfielder is again coaching after having surgical procedure on his wrist.
“I had a nasty fall taking part in for the reserves whereas getting back from my knee harm,” he stated.