Meet the celebrities stepping into the rink for Dancing On Ice 2023

The well-known faces moving into the rink for Dancing On Ice 2023 have been revealed.

With 11 celebrities in complete, we check out who has confirmed they are going to be getting their skates on for the ITV competitors.

Patsy Palmer

Former EastEnders star and DJ Patsy Palmer was the primary superstar to be revealed as a part of the 2023 line-up.

The 50-year-old actress, finest recognized for her position as Bianca Jackson within the BBC cleaning soap, was unveiled for the forthcoming collection throughout an episode of This Morning.

Sharing her motivation for signing up, she advised the ITV programme: “I needed to problem myself and get again to work, get out of my consolation zone. And I simply thought ‘I’ll simply go for it’, it looks as if quite a lot of enjoyable.”

John Fashanu

Becoming a member of Palmer on the ice shall be former footballer John Fashanu, who mentioned: “I’m so excited to be part of Dancing On Ice. I don’t assume it’ll come as a shock to people who I’m very aggressive – I'm undoubtedly in it to win it.

“And this can be one of many scariest issues I’ve ever signed up for however I couldn’t be extra prepared for the problem.”

The 60-year-old was a part of the Wimbledon workforce that received the FA Cup closing towards Liverpool in 1988 and went on to co-host Gladiators after leaving soccer professionally.

Ekin-Su Culculoglu

After solely coming into the limelight earlier this yr because the winner of ITV’s hit courting present Love Island, Ekin-Su Culculoglu was the third superstar contestant confirmed for Dancing On Ice.

The 28-year-old Turkish actress, from Essex, received the eighth collection of the programme alongside Italian enterprise proprietor Davide Sanclimenti in the summertime.

In a video revealing her participation, the TV star mentioned: “I can’t wait to get myself on the ice and skate. Keep tuned, and see you on the ice.”

Nile Wilson

Olympic bronze medal-winning gymnast Nile Wilson introduced the information on his YouTube channel.

The 26-year-old mentioned: “I’m so excited to get into that routine and to really feel like an athlete once more.”

Wilson received an Olympic bronze medal within the males’s horizontal bar on the 2016 Summer season Olympics, and, following a profitable profession, in 2021 he introduced his retirement from gymnastics as a result of accidents.

Mollie Gallagher

The Coronation Avenue actress, recognized for her position as Nina Lucas within the ITV cleaning soap, mentioned she shall be asking her co-stars who've beforehand competed on the present for “all the information” she will be able to get.

After the information was confirmed on Lorraine, Gallagher mentioned: “I’m actually excited. I’ve probably not felt nervous, but unusually being right here right now I'm now feeling it slightly bit.”

She joins the ranks of fellow Coronation Avenue stars who've taken to the ice rink through the years together with Samia Longchambon, Jane Danson and Sally Dynevor, who took half earlier this yr.

Joey Essex

The fact TV persona, who rose to fame as a part of The Solely Manner Is Essex, advised ITV’s This Morning: “I'd like to win. I’m going to place all my vitality into this. This stage in my life, I’m so prepared for this.”

Since stepping away from Towie in 2013, the 32-year-old has been a characteristic on many different actuality TV exhibits, together with I’m A Superstar … Get Me Out Of Right here!, Superstar SAS: Who Dares Wins, Superstar MasterChef and Celebs Go Courting.

He additionally fronted two of his personal exhibits, Educating Joey Essex, which was narrated by This Morning star Phillip Schofield and noticed him interview political heavyweights, and Joey Essex: Grief And Me, a BBC documentary about him shedding his mom at a younger age.

The Vivienne

The winner of the primary collection of RuPaul’s Drag Race UK mentioned being on the ITV present marks a “big step ahead for queer illustration on TV”.

The drag artist, actual identify James Lee Williams, can be recognized for competing this yr on an all- winners season of the RuPaul franchise within the US as the one contestant from the UK and starring in BBC Three present The Vivienne Takes On Hollywood in 2020.

The 30-year-old mentioned: “I’m past excited to announce that I shall be competing in Dancing On Ice in 2023! That is truthfully a dream come true and I can’t wait to begin coaching on the ice.”

Darren Harriott

Trisha Goddard introduced the comic’s participation within the ITV ice dancing present on Speak TV the place he revealed his panic about participating.

The 34-year-old advised Goddard: “I’ve bought large ft. I can’t skate. I don’t actually dance. What am I doing? Assist me. I’m panicking.”

Harriott mentioned he's not very swish and that his household have already made bets about whether or not he'll fall through the first episode.

Carley Stenson

The 40-year-old, who starred in Channel 4 cleaning soap Hollyoaks, was the ninth contestant introduced for the ITV present.

The actress performed Steph Cunningham in Hollyoaks between 2000 and 2011. Extra lately she performed the position of Harriet Shelton within the BBC cleaning soap opera Medical doctors.

She has additionally starred in a wide range of West Finish exhibits, together with enjoying Elle Woods in Legally Blonde The Musical and Fantine in Les Miserables.

Michelle Heaton

The previous Liberty X star advised Lorraine: “I’m so excited – I can’t imagine it. Me and the children are such big followers of the present normally.”

Heaton was a member of the pop group, alongside authentic members Tony Lundon, Kevin Simm, Jessica Taylor and Kelli Younger, that fashioned on 2001 ITV expertise present Popstars.

She was additionally a contestant on Superstar Large Brother in 2009 and a choose and mentor on the Irish music competitors collection You’re A Star within the present’s sixth and final collection in 2007-2008.

Siva Kaneswaran

The Needed star was the eleventh and closing superstar confirmed for the 2023 collection.

The Dublin-born singer advised Good Morning Britain he had been impressed to join the programme by the actions of his late bandmate Tom Parker, who died in March aged 33 after being recognized with an inoperable mind tumour.

“He taught me a lot about life,” mentioned Kaneswaran. “He taught me to dwell life to the fullest and never be afraid. It is without doubt one of the the reason why I'm doing this present.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post