Matthew Ferguson made his long-awaited return for Harland and Wolff Welders on Saturday.
The former Ballymena United and Glenavon ahead dislocated his knee twice, denying the Blanchflower Park membership of one of many Lough 41 Championship’s most achieved finishers for 2 full years.
The son of Irish League nice Glenn made his first league look since 2020 in Saturday’s 1-0 defeat by the hands of Newington, for whom Mick Morgan scored the one aim of the sport.
Ferguson’s return is a large increase to the east Belfast crew, who at present sit eleventh within the division.
“I really feel good, it’s an important to be again on the pitch as a result of it has been a protracted, darkish and lonely street at occasions,” he mentioned.
“I’m grateful to the membership as a result of they stored me concerned whereas I used to be out injured. I simply needed to be affected person. I owe so much to the physio right here on the Welders, he has labored with me daily.
“Coming off the bench in opposition to Newington felt actually good. It’s only a disgrace we misplaced the match, however I do know the outcomes will are available time.
“I missed an opportunity to attain, however I do know that first aim will come ultimately. I’m a bit rusty, however I’ve not misplaced any confidence.”
Elsewhere, Loughgall maintained their unbeaten file with a 4-0 win over Ballyclare Comrades at Dixon Park with objectives Nedas Maciulaitis (2), Benji Magee and Alan Teggart.
Maciulaitis mentioned: “There’s an important buzz within the altering room and everybody believes that we’re adequate to win the division.
“However we’re taking nothing without any consideration as Annagh and Dundela are prime groups, whereas the likes of Ards, Ballinamallard and Warrenpoint are enhancing on a regular basis.
“We’re not getting too far forward of ourselves, however promotion and the Premiership is our ambition. We imagine now we have the standard to compete with anybody. We’re prime of the league however it's only October.”
Second positioned Annagh United received 3-0 away to Ballinamallard United with objectives from Niall McGinley, Aaron Rogers and Stephen Murray.
Dundela received 1-0 at Darragh Park with a first-half aim from Dee Fearon. Tommy Caning’s basement battlers Dergview are but to win a recreation and three factors adrift on the backside, simply behind the Welders.
Late objectives from Fra McCaffery and Jim O’Hanlon gave Warrenpoint City a 2-0 win over Institute at Milltown. After a sluggish begin to life within the Championship, the Level have moved as much as fourth spot.
At Breda Park, Adam Salley bagged a hat-trick for Ards in a 4-1 win over Knockbreda. Eamon Scannell scored the opposite for the guests, with Anto Burns heading in the right direction for the house crew.
Ards — one other aspect who made a sluggish begin to the marketing campaign — have received their final three and now sit in fifth place.
Salley has made an enormous impression since becoming a member of on mortgage from Portadown on switch deadline day, bagging six objectives for the membership thus far.