Martin Compston has revealed he was accused of sending illicit texts to a lady after an imposter pretended to be him. The Line of Obligation star thought he was going to be attacked when he was confronted by an offended boyfriend in a procuring centre.
The person’s girlfriend was additionally current and informed Compston her accomplice had learn naughty messages between the pair. The actor was bemused as a result of he had by no means met the lady earlier than and it turned out somebody posing as him had been sending texts to her.
He stated: “I used to be in Braehead procuring centre with my mates and this lassie got here as much as me with this hardy boy behind her. She went, ‘He is aware of.’ I used to be like, ‘Excuse me?’ She stated, ‘He’s been via my cellphone, he discovered our texts.’
“This boy was growling at me. I’ll be trustworthy, I sh*t myself. I stated, ‘I’m sorry, I don't know who you're.’ She began getting the texts up on her cellphone and I used to be like, ‘That’s not my cellphone quantity’.
“The boy was getting edgy and he was able to knock me out. My mates weren't stepping in to again me up both.”
Compston, 38, from Greenock, managed to defuse the scenario by getting the lady to dial what she thought was his quantity whereas he held up his cellphone. He stated: “I acquired my cellphone out and I stated, ‘Name it,’ and she or he phoned it and nothing occurred, my cellphone didn’t ring.
“So someone has been winding her up by pretending to be me. It was then simply this actually awkward stand-off of him being confused and nonetheless hating me however I had no thought who they have been.”
He was talking on the Stressed Natives podcast, which he has launched together with broadcaster Gordon Good. The podcast is known as after the 1985 Scottish journey comedy movie, directed by Michael Hoffman and written by Ninian Dunnett.
It follows two Edinburgh youngsters, performed by Vincent Friell and Joe Mullaney, who turn into native heroes and vacationer sights after they begin robbing buses by motorcycle, armed with sneezing powder and sporting humorous masks.
Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our every day publicationright here.