How Stephen Colbert Knows George Santos Is Definitely Going to Resign

CBS

On Wednesday evening, Stephen Colbert caught up on the newest developments surrounding “GOP congressman and man placing air quotes round his whole life,” George Santos.

“Santos has an extended historical past of stretching the reality by by no means telling it,” the Late Present host defined, by laying out a brand new collection of authorized and moral complaints which were made in opposition to the freshman from New York. “That’s so disappointing,” Colbert stated. “I might anticipate extra from the person who invented the car.”

Colbert went on to counsel that the “partitions look like closing in” on Santos after native Republican officers have begun calling on him to resign. “In response to this gorgeous rebuke from his personal occasion, Santos advised reporters on Capitol Hill that he ‘is not going to’ resign,” the host stated. “Which implies, he’s gonna resign.”

Later, he highlighted the “fairly wild” declare from Santos that he was one of many earliest instances of COVID-19 within the U.S.

“Good pondering, Georgie,” Colbert stated, imagining the congressman telling himself, “Everybody hates me, I understand how to win them again! I’ll inform them I used to be affected person zero.”

For extra, pay attention and subscribe to The Final Chuckle podcast.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post