Gio van Bronckhorst confesses to Rangers pressure as embattled boss sends message to growing dissenters

Beneath strain Rangers boss Gio van Bronckhorst has taken the blame for the dismal draw with Livingston.

It was a nervy afternoon at Ibrox after Joel Nouble gave the guests an early lead with David Martindale's males placing in a powerful defensive show as they saved Rangers at bay for almost all of the Scottish Premiership showdown. It took Livingston happening to 10 males to permit The Gentle Blues to unlock the Lion's defence after Morgan Boyes excessive problem on Alfredo Morelos noticed him obtain a crimson card following a VAR assessment.

John Lundstram rescued a draw for the house facet following the lacklustre displaying, however that did not spare Van Bronckhorst and his Rangers gamers from a livid fan response with the facet booed off the park. It is the second time this week that the Ibrox supporters have booed their facet as they unleashed after the tepid 1-0 win over Dundee within the Premier Sports activities Cup.

It means Celtic maintain a four-point lead on the high of the desk, however Van Bronckhorst insists the title races is much from over. Chatting with BBC Sportsound he was quizzed "the followers aren't blissful, how is the supervisor feeling?" responding: "The identical. I am not proud of the efficiency, dropping factors at house. I really feel unhealthy."

Requested about mounting strain on his job as boss, he mentioned: "I all the time really feel the strain. I imply, clearly, as a result of I'm answerable for the outcomes.

"The draw is my accountability. The road-up, the construction, the subs. All of it comes down to at least one man and that is the supervisor. That's the strain I really feel, and I'm used to as supervisor. You need it the opposite manner, you do not wish to have strain however you already know when you do not have the outcomes you have got the strain."

When requested if Rangers may nonetheless win the title, he went on: "There are nonetheless many video games to be performed. My focus is to get the crew again of their rhythm and their manner of taking part in, that's my predominant focus now."

Comply with Document Sport on Twitter, Fb and Instagram for all the up-to-the minute breaking information, video and audio on the SPFL, the Scotland nationwide crew and past.

You may also observe our devoted Rangers and Celtic podcast pages and signal as much as our newsletters to be sure to by no means miss a beat all through the season.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post