England’s Jodi Ewart Shadoff claimed her first LPGA Tour title with a wire-to-wire victory on the Mediheal Championship in Somis, California.
Having entered the ultimate day at The Saticoy Membership with a four-shot lead, a nervous begin left the 34-year-old with loads of work to do to assert her maiden tour title.
However after splitting two bogeys with a birdie on the entrance 9, Ewart Shadoff was capable of choose up pictures on the twelfth and 14th holes to regain her benefit headed into the house stretch.
She then held her nerve on the run house, with 4 straight pars and a spherical of 71 sufficient to assert victory with an total rating of 15 below.
Ewart Shadoff stated on lpga.com: “It’s a bit bit surreal.
“I didn’t know if this second would ever come. I’m simply actually grateful for everyone who’s on my workforce.
“Final yr was actually exhausting. I’m standing right here due to them. I’m simply actually grateful.”
Japan’s Yuka Saso completed runner-up on 14 below, whereas Ewart Shadoff’s compatriot Georgia Corridor completed tied for third on 13 below.