Coronation Avenue star Mollie Gallagher has been revealed as the newest superstar becoming a member of the line-up for Dancing On Ice 2023.
The actress, identified for her function as Nina Lucas on the ITV cleaning soap opera, mentioned she shall be asking her co-stars who've beforehand competed on the present for “all the information” she will be able to get.
The information was confirmed on the Lorraine present on Thursday morning the place Gallagher admitted: “I’m actually excited. I’ve probably not felt nervous, but unusually being right here immediately I'm now feeling it a bit bit.”
She mentioned that her expertise on the rink stretches to skating at Christmas markets earlier than she tried out for the present however hopes she's going to have the ability to “get across the rink” when she makes her debut on the present subsequent 12 months.
The actress joins the ranks of fellow Coronation Avenue stars who've taken to the ice rink through the years together with Samia Longchambon, Jane Danson and Sally Dynevor, who took half earlier this 12 months.
On looking for recommendation from her co-stars, she mentioned: “I’ll be getting all the information I can as a result of I’m going to want it!”
Gallagher, who gained a Nationwide Tv Award final 12 months for her efficiency within the ITV cleaning soap opera, added that she hopes her performing expertise will assist her efficiency on the present.
She mentioned: “That's one thing I’m actually excited for. I really like performing by music. I imply, I can’t sing however I do love character singing and stuff.
“So I’m hoping that once we get our music selections I can create a personality.”
The actress admitted that those that know her may be stunned by her becoming a member of the present however mentioned she didn't wish to reside life proscribing herself.
She mentioned: “I believe I’ve not acquired the very best co-ordination and it’s actually humorous as a result of everybody that is aware of me properly is aware of that.
“So, once they discover out I’m doing this they’re going to be like ‘What’s occurring’ as a result of it clearly entails loads of co-ordination, however that's one more reason why I needed to do it as a result of I don’t wish to spend my life being like, ‘Oh, I can’t do that. I can’t try this’.”
Gallagher joins beforehand introduced contestants Love Island winner Ekin-Su Culculoglu, soccer star John Fashanu, Olympic gymnast Nile Wilson and actress and DJ Patsy Palmer.
Dancing on Ice is about to return to ITV and ITVX in 2023 and can see 11 celebrities take to the ice to skate reside within the hope of being topped champion, following within the fancy footsteps of the likes of Jake Quickenden, James Jordan, Joe Swash and this 12 months’s winner, Regan Gascoigne.