Musician Rex Orange County has been charged with six counts of sexually assaulting a lady.
The singer-songwriter, whose actual identify is Alexander O’Connor, from Surrey, appeared at London’s Southwark Crown Court docket on Monday.
He pleaded not responsible and a provisional trial date was set for January 3 2023.
An additional point out listening to is scheduled to happen on October 24 this 12 months.
O’Connor, 24, has collaborated with US rappers together with Tyler, The Creator and in March earned his first UK primary album together with his fourth studio album Who Cares?
A press release from his consultant mentioned: “Alex is shocked by the allegations, which he denies, and appears ahead to clearing his identify in court docket.
“He's unable to make any additional remark due to the continued proceedings.”
A press release from the Met Police mentioned: “(O’Connor) is subsequent on account of seem on the identical court docket in January 2023.
“The offences are alleged to have taken place in west London between June 1 and a couple of 2021.
“A report was made to police on June 9. A person was interviewed below warning and later charged as above.
“The investigation is led by the Central West Command Unit. Enquiries are ongoing.”
In July, O’Connor cancelled a string of September and November exhibits scheduled for Australia, New Zealand and Europe.
He wrote on Instagram: “It's with an excessive amount of unhappiness to announce that on account of unexpected circumstances, I'm having to spend a while at residence this 12 months and I will be unable to proceed with touring as deliberate.”
He added: “That is the very last thing I wish to do. I really like touring and I'm sorry to be letting anybody down. I sit up for getting again to it as quickly as I can.”