Ange Postecoglou admits 500 days has usually felt like 500 minutes because of the relentless nature of life at Celtic.
However the Parkhead boss has loved each single certainly one of his first 499. And it’s why the Aussie has barely seen them whirring previous as he throws himself into enhancing each side of the membership. Postecoglou will spend his five hundredth day immersed in a tear-up at Tynecastle because the champions look to keep up their place on the prime of the Premiership.
Within the first half century it’s been no half measures. Postecoglou has introduced type to the pitch together with his swashbuckling crew thrilling and securing silverware for the membership. Off the park, the 57-year-old can be having a giant affect as he lays foundations to assist enhance Celtic’s future each within the brief and long run. Reflecting on the interval thus far,Postecoglou stated: “Yeah, generally it seems like 500 minutes and different instances it seems like 500 days relying on the place we’re at.
“Look, I’ve loved day by day of it. There hasn’t been a day the place I haven’t loved being within the function.
“From my perspective, whenever you’re not counting the times it in all probability means you might be having fun with what you’re doing and also you’re nonetheless keen about what you’ve launched into. I’ve had a implausible time on the membership and everyone seems to be working actually onerous to get the membership again to the place it ought to be and we nonetheless have some work to do however I’ve loved the primary a part of it.”
In fact Postecoglou’s principal remit is to supply a profitable crew. However as public figurehead of an establishment he additionally has to imagine extra duties.
None of it fazes Postecoglou and he added: “You perceive you could have a larger accountability than simply getting a crew prepared for the weekend, despite the fact that that’s crucial factor. In some ways you’re a spokesman for the soccer membership and you'll have an effect in so some ways.
“I suppose that’s what makes it fascinating and I’ve loved that side of it. I’ve tried to embrace the entire function.
“Due to that I suppose you need to settle for there are going to be completely different challenges day by day, however once more, nothing I’ve felt uncomfortable doing or haven’t felt good about “I’ve felt that no matter I’m doing I’m representing this membership and to me that’s nice.”
Progress has been swift on the park since he was appointed on June 10 final yr and in lots of respects it’s concerning the subsequent 500 and the 500s after that which enchantment extra to the Celtic supervisor than what has gone earlier than. Postecoglou stated: “I used to be nicely conscious coming in that like each supervisor all of us have a clock ticking towards us. It’s simply how lengthy folks will give us time to construct what we wish.
“I used to be acutely aware that I needed to do issues fairly shortly and I wished to do them shortly however on the similar time, you may’t rush issues. It's a must to get selections proper.
“I’ve been actually happy with the progress, not simply on the sphere however off it with what we’re making an attempt to create right here “I believe we’re constructing some actually good foundations for what we need to do for the subsequent part.
“Once more, I get pleasure from that a part of the function – the preliminary levels, the constructing. I’m happy we had been capable of ship in our first yr and the plan is that hopefully we will ship extra.

“I’ve stated earlier than I form of tackle each function as if I’m going to be right here ceaselessly understanding full nicely that I received’t be as a result of a few of that's taken out of your arms. However I at all times attempt to make selections that places the membership in the perfect place not only for short-term success but additionally long-term success.
“That’s what I imply about not simply on the sphere however off it. I’m actually happy with the foundations which have been put down in all of the departments when it comes to assets and folks that we've introduced in. I believe the membership is in a extremely good place.”
We by no means cease is his mantra. It by no means stops has at all times been the case for Celtic.
Following Tynecastle it’s again to Champions League motion towards Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday. The Ukrainians have the weekend off to arrange whereas Celtic are battling in Edinburgh however Postecoglou has completely no problem or gripe.
Requested if it was higher to relaxation up or hearth right into a fierce fixture previous to a giant Euro tie he stated: “It relies upon. It’s about what cycle you’re in.
“The fact is we attempt to plan for what’s there earlier than us and never what might presumably occur. We had the Livingston recreation known as off and I believe that knocked us out of our rhythm a bit of bit because it gave us a weekend off.
“However however, in different levels, if in case you have plenty of accidents, it may be good to get a weekend off so it simply actually relies upon. As for this week, it doesn’t have an effect on us. We’ve been planning for this fixture for some time now and it’s why I’m rotating the crew and ensuring we've as many gamers accessible and in good situation to compete.
“We’ll sort out Hearts with a powerful crew out and we’ll do the identical on Tuesday towards Shakhtar.”
READ NEXT: