Young mum living below Da Vinci rapist Robert Greens left terrified after angry mob attack home

A Scots mum has advised how she doesn’t really feel secure in her own residence and was compelled to barricade a window after the ‘Da Vinci rapist’ Robert Greens was housed above her. Daniella Quin was horrified to find her upstairs neighbour is the 45-year-old intercourse predator, who was savagely raped and battered a scholar close to Rosslyn Chapel, Midlothian, in 2005.

His 19-year-old Dutch sufferer suffered extreme accidents, which medics initially thought had been attributable to a automotive crash, throughout a sustained knifepoint assault which noticed him jailed for 10 years. Residents in Danderhall found his new location final week and have staged a number of indignant protests exterior the property in Neatoune Court docket.

Daniella Quin
Daniella Quin doesn't really feel secure in her own residence after she realised she was dwelling downstairs from Da Vinci rapist Robert Greens (Picture: Equipped)

However mum-of-two Daniella, who gave delivery to her poorly daughter Brianna final week, advised how her own residence had mistakenly been focused, forcing her to ship her kids away. The 25-year-old stated: “After I discovered about Robert Greens being right here, I used to be truly in hospital with my new child daughter.

“It’s been a tough week as a result of she was very unwell and on a ventilator for a couple of days. I used to be terrified as a result of I noticed it on Fb and my wee boy was right here with my mum. I couldn’t be there with my boy to guard him. I obtained my mum to take him to hers till we had been residence.

“He lives upstairs from us and I assumed there was one thing unusual about him as a result of we by no means actually noticed him a lot or heard any noise but in addition as a result of no one had ever visited the home. I solely ever noticed him sometimes take the bins out with a masks on.

Da Vinci rapist Robert Greens pictured in 2017
Da Vinci rapist Robert Greens pictured in 2017

“I used to be so freaked out after I discovered and every part made sense. I didn’t even need to come residence. I’ve needed to have my infants stick with my mum and pop and I’ve needed to take them out and drive round within the automotive for his or her naps and for dinner as a result of they gained’t settle with every part that’s occurring.”

Daniella was compelled to board up certainly one of her home windows and paint a message on it explaining that Greens lived above her residence. However the assaults continued leaving the younger mum feeling increasingly terrified as projectiles had been launched on the property.

She defined: “I don’t really feel secure in my own residence and should transfer in the event that they gained’t transfer him. We’ve additionally been terrified due to the indignant individuals throwing issues and attacking our residence by mistake.

“We had our youngster woken up and crying after 11 at night time with eggs thrown on the home windows. There was egg throughout my son's window and smashed glass from the damaged window above.

“On Friday night time I used to be getting my son prepared for his tub after I heard loud bangs on our front room window, the place my new child daughter was sleeping in her basket.

A window has been broken on the flat where Greens is alleged to have been housed
A window has been damaged on the flat the place Greens is alleged to have been housed

“My companion was shouting that they had been throwing rocks on the window and I ran out in a blind rage to shout and inform them to cease attacking us. My one-year-old son was on the door with me they usually stored attacking the home, throwing apples and eggs and no matter else.

“Persons are aiming from a distance and lacking and hitting us by mistake however some are attacking us as a result of they assume it’s his home. The police watched as I used to be hit when my home was beneath assault and sat of their van doing nothing.

“They stated there was no level doing something primarily as a result of then they might simply get attacked additionally. So what's the level in them being there? My neighbours have had individuals mistake their home windows for his and needed to go away their residence for security.

“My different neighbour even had individuals videoing and making an attempt his door. I’ve had individuals mistake mine for his too which is terrifying, particularly if somebody smashed our door in searching for him.

Egg yolks has been splattered across the windows belonging to Daniella
Egg yolks has been splattered throughout the home windows belonging to Daniella

“I phoned the council as a result of the home wasn’t secure for my infants they usually said they wouldn’t do something to re-home us as a result of we've got kids beneath 16 and that we would want to get a shared hostel.

“Persons are extra fed up because the council do nothing as a result of we'd like and wish him gone from the property. They’re getting louder and extra furious with the scenario.

“There have been air horns and drums going off on Sunday which terrified my one-year previous son however it’s going to maintain occurring till the council do what’s proper and have him and his possessions out of there.

“There’s individuals extra deserving of a beautiful household residence than this scum. I get he must dwell someplace however why home him in Midlothian, the place he truly dedicated his crime. And why place him with entry to ladies and youngsters in areas that may be a rapist's dreamland to commit a criminal offense once more.”

Greens was free of jail in 2012, having served two-thirds of his sentence. The next yr, he was returned to jail after he broke one of many circumstances of his launch by visiting the hometown of his former spouse. He was once more launched in 2017 however hauled again to jail after one other breach.

A Police Scotland spokesperson stated: “Police obtained a lot of studies between Friday, 7 October, and Sunday, 9 October, 2022, of individuals gathering exterior a property in Neatoune Court docket, Danderhall.

“Officers attended on every event, gave appropriate recommendation and the teams later dispersed. No arrests had been made.”

A Midlothian Council spokesman stated: “We don't touch upon particular person circumstances. Public security is of paramount significance and, the place acceptable, we work with our companions to make sure that there are strong processes and procedures in place.”

Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day publicationright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post