Scots holidaymaker shares pic of 'ghost plane' with only three passengers

A bemused Scots holidaymaker has shared eerie photographs of their close to empty flight from Edinburgh to Greece. Jak Scott "thought it was a joke" when he went to board his airplane to Skiathos on Friday, September 30 and found there have been no different passengers in sight.

Anticipating a queue of jet setters, he says he was confused when regardless of a last name being introduced by way of tannoy there was nonetheless little signal of different passengers. Jak was then informed by workers that there have been only a handful of individuals on the flight, he then determined to doc the abandoned Jet 2 airplane.

Talking to Edinburgh Stay, he mentioned: "With at the moment's rising prices and so forth I used to be fairly shocked once I obtained on my flight to Greece on Friday because it was solely myself and two different passengers onboard.

"I obtained to the gate early was confused why nobody else was going via, it wasn't till they did the ultimate name I obtained up and went to the desk, and the service agent walked me to the aeroplane door and informed me it is solely me and two different folks. I believed it was some form of unusual joke till I entered the airplane.

"I journey repeatedly and have heard about this a few instances earlier than however that is the primary time I've ever skilled a flight so empty myself. I obtained served just about after the seat belt signal went off after take off. Workers talked about it might have been to do with holidays however I discover it actually weird although because the ticket was solely £59."

Simply six days in the past, The Guardian reported how 5,000 flights since 2019 have left UK airports with no passengers in any respect. A staggering 35,000 'ghost flights' have operated nearly empty since 2019 with fewer than ten per cent of seats stuffed, totalling about 40,000 flights.

The report cited how air journey is repeatedly talked about by local weather activists for leading to extra carbon emissions an hour than another shopper exercise. In addition they known as the ghost flight revelation "stunning" and mentioned a jet gasoline tax was wanted and airport enlargement plans must be questioned. The UK authorities describes ghost flights as “environmentally damaging”.

Do not miss the most recent information from round Scotland and past - Signal as much as our each day publication right here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post