Rangers fan receives shock Ibrox invite from hero goalie Allan McGregor after kidney transplant

A kidney transplant affected person says he was misplaced for phrases after receiving an invite to tour Ibrox from hero Rangers goalie Allan McGregor.

Lifelong Gers fan Ciaran Calderwood, 27, who suffers from Alport syndrome, a uncommon genetic situation that causes kidney illness, acquired a brand new kidney on the Queen Elizabeth College Hospital in Glasgow final month.

Whereas recovering from his transplant at his Kilmarnock residence, he was left gobsmacked when he acquired a letter within the publish from the Ibrox keeper wishing him a speedy restoration.

Included within the letter was a signed image of McGregor and an invite to tour the staff's Glasgow stadium when he has recovered.

He stated: "I believe my mum did it as a shock as a result of I really like Rangers. I've adopted them since I used to be wee.

"I used to have a season ticket and go to all of the video games however my well being stopped that. After I opened the envelope I simply could not consider it - speechless, to say the least.

"Rangers is a good membership, and I do know they do loads for charity and that. However I did not anticipate them to write down to me, actually."

Allan McGregor included a signed photo with his get well letter
Allan McGregor included a signed picture along with his get effectively letter (Picture: provided)

Ciaran says the letter has given him a carry after months of discomfort brought on by the persistent situation. He was compelled to cease working as a supply driver after he was left too exhuatsed to climb stairs.

The efforts of the renal staff at Queen Elizabeth College Hospital in Glasgow, he says, have given him "one other likelihood at life".

He added: "My mum, sister and two members of the family have gotten Alport's and considered one of my uncles needed to get a transplant at 16 and the opposite is on dialysis. I knew I used to be going to get to the purpose of needing a transplant for the duration of my life.

Rangers' letter to Ciaran wishing him a speedy recovery
Rangers' letter to Ciaran wishing him a speedy restoration (Picture: provided)
Ciaran Calderwood with fiancée Kari as he left hospital
Ciaran Calderwood with fiancée Kari as he left hospital (Picture: provided)

He stated: "My mum, sister and two members of the family have gotten Alport's and considered one of my uncles needed to get a transplant at 16 and the opposite is on dialysis. I knew I used to be going to get to the purpose of needing a transplant for the duration of my life.

"When it comes to my kidneys, attending to 27 is kind of a very long time with out getting one however during the last 12 months I actually began to take a flip for the more serious. I used to be feeling exhausted, I did not have any power, even issues like going up stairs had been a problem.

"However with a brand new kidney that might be worn out. As I begin to really feel higher with the brand new kidney, I can get again to regular and get again to doing issues I get pleasure from."

The Nationwide Kidney Basis says Alport syndrome impacts between one in 5,000 and one in 10,000 folks (0.01-0.02 p.c) within the UK, making it one of many extra frequent genetic kidney issues. Nonetheless, it's comparatively uncommon within the common inhabitants.

Do not miss the newest information from round Scotland and past - signal as much as our each day publicationright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post