Nick Walsh Rangers penalty award dumbfounds St Mirren as star admits 'I couldn't believe he gave it'

Marcus Fraser admits he could not imagine what he was seeing as ref Nick Walsh handed Rangers their doubtful penalty award.

The Ibrox aspect moved two up by means of James Tavernier 's spot-kick after Declan Gallagher was penalised for a foul on Antonio Colak in Saturday’s hammering of St Mirren at Ibrox. However the determination left his Saints team-mate surprised. Full-back Fraser mentioned: "I could not imagine he gave it. I used to be behind Dec, I did not have the clearest view by any means however Dec touches the ball.

"Colak went down like a second after and I could not imagine he pointed to the spot. The ref clearly thought there was contact. These are the issues it's essential go so that you can keep within the recreation. The supervisor burdened earlier than the sport if we went 1-0 up or 1-0 down, the sport plan stays the identical. We bought to half-time however when it goes to 3, there are gaps and a wee little bit of tiredness crept in. We'll have a look at that and attempt to enhance."

St. Mirren's Declan Gallagher complains to the referee Nick Walsh

The controversial award got here when Gers had been in entrance however Fraser had a golden probability to slash the deficit quickly after as he was picked out by Scott Tanser. He wasted the prospect, as did Mark O'Hara who didn't profit from one other within the second half.

Fraser added: "I had an opportunity on the again put up, Curtis Foremost hit the bar, Allan McGregor made save from O'Hara. For my one, I both head it down or take a contact. I am going to have to see it again. It felt as if the ball was within the air 20 seconds. I used to be going to take a contact, then I attempted to cushion it into the far nook.

"I ought to've simply bought my head behind it, used the grease on the floor and hoped for the perfect. I do not wish to see it again."

READ NEXT

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post