Celtic hero Mikael Lustig has introduced that he'll cling up his boots on the finish of the season.
The Sweden worldwide will name time on his profession on the finish of the present Allsvenskan season with AIK Stockholm. The Swedish high flight marketing campaign reaches its conclusion subsequent month and the 35-year-old will play his last recreation on November 6 at residence to IF Elfsborg, bringing his 18-year profession to an finish.
Lustig joined Celtic from Rosenberg in Norway ten years in the past and lifted eight Scottish Premiership titles, 4 Scottish Cups and 4 League cups throughout his eight years at Parkhead. He performed below Neil Lennon, Ronny Deila and Brendan Rodgers, beginning for the latter at proper again throughout Celtic’s invincible season.

In a press release launched by AIK this morning, Lutsig stated: “Thanks AIK Soccer. Instantly after I arrived at AIK, I felt warmly welcomed by everybody. It has been a terrific honour for me to play in AIK and I'll bear in mind this time in my life for a very long time to come back. I need to say an enormous thanks to the supporters, the workers at Karlberg, my fellow gamers and everybody else I've met through the years on the membership. Now we're working into the tile, 5 video games stay and the primary is a derby on Sunday.”
Sweden captain Janne Andersson additionally paid tribute, added: "Micke has been a key participant throughout all of the years that I've been nationwide crew captain. A really sensible participant with a terrific understanding of the sport. His dedication, routine, heat and humour should a terrific extent contributed to the truth that we had such good cohesion within the squad."
READ NEXT: