Katie Piper's acid attacker Stefan Sylvestre on the run as cop launch 'urgent' bid to find him

The person chargeable for throwing acid in Katie Piper 's face has breached his licence situations and didn't return to jail - with cops launching a frantic search to seek out him.

Thug Stefan Sylvestre carried out the horrific assault 11 years in the past, however was paroled in 2020 and has been warned he faces extra time in jail after going AWOL.

Former mannequin and Unfastened Girls panelist Katie was left with horrific accidents, writes the Mirror.

A Probation Service spokesman stated: “We're urgently working with the police to deliver the offender again to jail the place he’ll face longer behind bars.”

Sylvestre is being hunted by police 13 years on from the attack ( Image: PA)
Sylvestre is being hunted by police 13 years on from the assault ( Picture: PA)

Sylvestre attacked Katie in Golders Inexperienced, North London, with acid in 2008, on the orders of her obsessive former boyfriend Daniel Lynch.

Sylvestre turned eligible for parole in 2015 however his utility was blocked after he was deemed unfit for launch.

An additional utility in 2018 was profitable and he was freed however ordered to keep away from Katie, 38.

Katie was awarded an OBE for her work raising awareness for burns survivors (Image: REX)
Katie was awarded an OBE for her work elevating consciousness for burns survivors (Picture: REX)

However in 2019 he was recalled to jail over an unrelated incident. Sylvestre bought parole once more in 2020 and was launched after prosecution errors got here to gentle. By then he had married mum-of-one Danielle Burke whereas in jail.

Katie, who was awarded an OBE for charity and burns providers, was attacked on the orders of her obsessive former boyfriend Daniel Lynch. He was jailed for all times with a minimal of 16 years and can't be thought-about for launch till 2025.

The assault left Katie needing 400 operations to deal with her burns. In her sufferer affect ­assertion, she stated: “When the acid was thrown at me, it felt like I used to be burning in hell. It was an indescribable, distinctive, torturous ache.

“I've misplaced my future, my profession, my spirit, my physique, my seems to be, my dignity…the record goes on. All I'm left with is an empty shell. Part of me has died that can by no means come again. That is worse than loss of life.”

However she has since rebuilt her life and featured on quite a few TV exhibits, together with a documentary in 2009 concerning the affect of the assault, and Strictly in 2018.

It was throughout that present she first realized Sylvestre was to be launched.

The presenter stated: “This can be a actually ­troublesome time for me. I'm making an attempt to come back to phrases with the choice and that is one thing I have to take care of.

“Over the previous two weeks Strictly has already given me such a welcome and constructive distraction from my previous.

“While there may be by no means a superb time to listen to this information, I'm glad I've this new journey to focus on.”

She launched the Katie Piper ­Basis to lift consciousness of the plight of burns survivors and different disfigurement accidents.

Katie has two daughters with carpenter husband Richard Sutton, who she married in 2015.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post