Frenchman travelling penniless around the world says Northern Irish ‘hospitality’ the best in UK

A Frenchman who's making an attempt to journey penniless world wide has spoken of the nice and cozy welcome he obtained in Northern Eire.

It’s not all plain crusing as traveller Charles Attonaty can go for prolonged intervals with out meals with strict guidelines dictating he doesn't explicitly ask for meals, or sleep in folks's homes.

As well as, he isn't allowed to work alongside the way in which as a way to increase cash.

Charles commonly shares social media posts alongside those that have helped him by providing transport, shelter or just firm.

In a single Instagram submit Charles explains how he has gone a day and a half with out consuming or ingesting.

Then, a kind-hearted soul named Eddie dwelling in Ballycastle arrived at his tent with a sandwich, drinks and a packet of biscuits.

In one other he’s having fun with the craic with a Northern Eire mom on the seashore as she hoists him up on her shoulders.

He advised the Belfast Telegraph: “I've obtained a heat welcome in Northern Eire.

"Thus far the hospitality right here has been one of the best I've skilled within the UK, aside from Rathlin Island (which wasn’t so optimistic).

"One of many gestures of kindness I observed is when native folks come to me and provide their assist with out judgement and with out realizing my story.”

Derry Now has reported how Charles has been counting on the kindness of strangers all through an journey that started greater than two years in the past.

The 29-year-old had already been on two journeys after the cancellation of a deliberate vacation to Thailand because of Covid awoke his internal wanderlust in July 2020.

“In the future I made a decision to take the highway, I took some tools and a rucksack at round 7.40 within the night; even my dad and mom did not know,” he advised Derry Now.

Initially, journeys took him by means of Japanese and Northern Europe, with work commitments finally bringing him again to France on each events.

Prior to now he labored for Deliveroo and ran his personal meals supply enterprise earlier than deciding to take to the highway.

Chatting with Derry Now, he defined: “I gave my firm to an worker; it was loopy. I gave them every little thing. The third stage was comparable; alone, no plan, however now no restrict of time.

“I went France, Belgium, Germany, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway – throughout winter. Generally it was 32 under zero centigrade.

“That is now my fourth step. I used to be in northern France, in Calais and defined my story to a French ferry firm they usually mentioned: ‘That is loopy, we'll give you a ticket to England.’

"So I used to be in England, Wales and Scotland. I used to be on Isla and Louis St Harris, after which I had the chance to go to Northern Eire.”

The French native says he 'virtually died' within the suffocating warmth of Turkey and in temperatures of -32 levels in Finland.

Northern Eire is an altogether completely different prospect. On Thursday afternoon, Mr Attonaty knocked on the door of Ciaran and Majella McNicholl in Glenullin, County Derry.

“We had been simply in doing Freddie's homework, and he heard speaking and him and Connie thought their Daddy was dwelling,” Majella advised Derry Now.

“I went out and Charles was speaking to the canine exterior and he simply requested may he use the bathroom, so I confirmed him the place it was and went again into the weans.

“We simply bought chatting, I used to be most likely being actually nosy! He'd mentioned he was a French traveller or backpacker, so I used to be asking him about it.

“I figured he perhaps hadn't eaten shortly and supplied him one thing to eat, made him a sandwich and he was telling me the craic about what he was doing.

“When Ciaran got here dwelling from work, Charles was sitting right here consuming spaghetti bolognese with the 2 weans. I by no means had the prospect to ring him and inform him something.

“Ciaran might be much more welcoming and pleasant than I'm, and when he got here dwelling he sat and requested Charles each query that I requested him earlier.”

You may observe his journey on all social media platforms by looking out Tour du monde sans argent, together with:  https://www.instagram.com/tourdumondesansargent/

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post