Former Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths back training with Livingston following Australian stint

Former Celtic and Scotland striker Leigh Griffiths is again coaching with Livingston as he bids to discover a new membership.

Griffiths, who began his profession with the Tony Macaroni Area outfit, had been coaching with the membership earlier this season as he aimed to get again to full health.

The 32-year-old just lately had a two-game spell with Australian aspect Mandurah Metropolis, who're coached by former Raith Rovers and Airdrie striker John Baird.

Griffiths, who boasts seven SPFL Premiership titles to his title from his time at Celtic, has had a difficult time in latest seasons after struggling at Dundee and Falkirk final time period.

It's unclear whether or not Livi gaffer David Martindale is fascinated by providing the striker a deal however throughout his earlier coaching stint he stated the wasn’t one on the desk at that time.

He commented: “Leigh was scunnered with soccer and he’s a former Livingston participant and I wished to assist.

“I do know he has had some bother off the park however everybody in soccer I've spoken to about him stated how good a man he's. I'm discovering that myself. He’s labored so arduous, he’s misplaced weight and physique fats and he’s been sensible across the place.

Leigh Griffiths throughout his Celtic days

“I need him to get again to the place he needs to be, as everyone knows how good a participant he's. He has to seek out that participant once more. From just a few months in the past to now he's in incredible form. In all probability one of the best I've seen from him in a yr. What I've seen is that need to go and do higher.

“It might have been simple for him to down instruments in the summertime and are available in right here in dangerous form. However that’s not the case, he’s finished plenty of arduous work and I’m right here to assist him with the ultimate bit and get him a membership.”

Do not miss the most recent information from the West Lothian Courier. Signal as much as our free publication right here

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post