Still Game star Jane McCarry reveals moment she was caught up in airport drug bust

Nonetheless Sport star Jane McCarry reveals she as soon as pleaded with airport employees after safety discovered medicine in her baggage.

Jane, who's greatest identified for her position as gossip-loving Isa Drennan in Craiglang alongside Ford Keirnan and Greg Hemphill, ended up within the unlikely scenario after shopping for a purse from a charity store. Talking on the Glasgo podcast with Gary Dempsey, the 51-year-old actress revealed that she was stopped by airport safety for having traces of cocaine in her bag.

Jane mentioned: "I bear in mind as soon as I used to be taking place to London. I bought this job and I’d purchased a bag. It was within the window of a charity store the day earlier than and I went ‘oh that’s very nice’. I by no means purchase something ever, nothing designery. It was like a, , the wee canine, a Radley factor. It was black, it was fairly funky and I went ‘I like that’.

"Purchased it for going to London, went by way of and as I used to be going by way of they did a verify of the bag and there was coke within the backside of the bag."

Jane defined that as she did not have a receipt for the charity store cut price buy, she was scared about what would occur subsequent as she can be unable to show that it was not hers.

Scottish comedy traditional Nonetheless Sport (Picture: BBC)

She mentioned: "You’re not going to take one thing again to the charity store. I had no proof it wasn’t my coke. Effectively, she [airport worker] didn’t say coke, she used the official time period that got here up on the factor."

The unlikely incident left Jane pleading to be allowed on the plane, and ultimately, the scenario was resolved.

She mentioned: "I used to be like 'guys I have to get on this aircraft, actually'. She did ultimately let me on, it was traces of it. However anyone’s clearly been utilizing it, battered it into the charity store and off they went."

Get the newest superstar gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox. Signal as much as our weekly Showbiz publicationright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post