River City star thanks West Dunbartonshire for playing a key role in the show’s success

A Renton River Metropolis star has thanked the neighborhood in West Dunbartonshire for his or her assist and enjoying a key position within the present’s success – because it celebrates its twentieth anniversary.

Gayle Telfer-Stevens joined the Dumbarton-filmed programme in 2015 and has now starred within the present’s twentieth anniversary episode seven years later.

The present aired final Monday on BBC Scotland and was replayed the next day on BBC One Scotland.

It adopted finest mates Bob and Angus, who get up in a multiverse the place most of the misplaced associates from their previous nonetheless exist after consuming from a mystical bottle of booze.

(Picture: BBC)

Bob, performed by Stephen Purdon, has been part of the present its complete run, beginning in 2002, the identical 12 months that Gayle completed drama college.

Gayle stated she has grown up with the present via her grownup years. She stated: “It was all a bit too good to be true after I received the job as a result of there's just about no commute for me.

“Clearly, with me residing within the space, I do know that the assist inside it has been immense. They simply find it irresistible, they usually declare it as their very own and a part of their panorama.

“The years have flown by since I began there, and it looks like simply yesterday that I began. It's such a monumental second for me and the present.

(Picture: BBC Studios/BBC Scotland)

“I used to be nervous filming the twentieth anniversary as a result of I used to be considerably out of my consolation zone.

“However, the truth that I received to work together with somebody so iconic as Gina was unbelievable, particularly preventing along with her on the road.

“The reception has been huge and nicely acquired. It's a second to take as a result of we do take River Metropolis with no consideration.

“Though filming it was unusual, the vitality and vibe over the week have been very particular. It was like Stephen Purdon’s birthday, the actual fact he has lasted the complete 20 years. It was useless particular. I used to be simply praying to not bugger it up.”

(Picture: Every day Report)

Gayle informed us how influential the neighborhood in West Dunbartonshire has been for her and the present. She stated: “The neighborhood has been massively necessary for my profession and the present’s lineage as a result of they're so supportive.

“Coming from Renton, the neighborhood helps all the things you do via and thru.

“After I did The Dolls, and I regarded out onto the viewers, I noticed a sea of individuals from this space. I used to be blown away by the assist. After all, you realize that you've native assist however seeing it in entrance of you when searching into the theatre is completely overwhelming.

“For example, after I go to my health club courses and people will ask ‘is Gayle right here as we speak?’ and somebody will say ‘no, she’s within the courtroom as we speak’ due to my storyline. We do have the very best individuals down right here.

“After I go to the B&M right here, it's pretty to listen to how individuals watch it. One girl informed me she watches it along with her grandson, and it was their wee secret. It’s a beautiful household affair.”

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post