ITV Dancing On Ice confirms EastEnders star as first contestant of 2023 show

EastEnders actress Patsy Palmer has been named as the primary contestant to enroll to Dancing on Ice 2023.

Pasty, who performed Bianca Jackson within the BBC cleaning soap, was confirmed by Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield on This Morning on Monday.

The presenters had been teasing who it may be for a short while earlier than they lastly revealed Patsy as their visitor who was reside from Los Angeles, the place she now lives, writes the Mirror.

"I can not imagine I am the primary one," the previous EastEnders star advised the presenters as she appeared through reside hyperlink on ITV.

Patsy Palmer joined Holly and Phil on This Morning
Patsy Palmer joined Holly and Phil on This Morning (Picture: ITV)

"No backing out now, we’ve revealed you." Holly joked as Patsy beamed on display screen from Los Angeles, the place she now lives.

Quizzed on why she needed to participate, Patsy mentioned: “Nicely I didn’t clearly name them up and say ‘can I participate?’. Simply out of all of the issues that got here by at the moment, this was the one which I needed to actually take into consideration.

“Clearly I needed to problem myself, get again to work, get out of my consolation zone.

“I simply thought, I’ll simply go for it. It appears numerous enjoyable, I do like ice skating however I am not an ice skater or determine skater."

Phillip then dropped a bombshell and revealed that Patsy has been requested to do the present earlier than however turned the chance down.

"Sure I do know," Patsy defined, "as a result of I have been completely terrified earlier than however I really feel like my pact that I made with myself after I was 50, which I used to be this yr, was that I needed to do issues to problem myself for the following couple of years and get out of my consolation zone as a result of I do not wish to get caught on this factor of like 'Ah! I am 50!'"

Holly and Phil revealed the identity of the first DOI 2023 contestant ( Image: ITV)
Holly and Phil revealed the id of the primary DOI 2023 contestant ( Picture: ITV)

"It is such a bizarre age so I am sort of doing it for all of the 50-year-olds on the market who suppose they can not problem themselves. Be happy to observe me and comply with me doing no matter I have to do."

Holly then requested the cleaning soap star if holding the information a secret has been tough as there can be folks watching that know her personally who would not have identified till now.

Patsy laughed and defined: "My daughter, she's been travelling, so she'll be like 'what's going on?' So yeah I am enthusiastic about that for when she comes again."

Phillip requested how a lot expertise of skating Patsy has had as she used to skate when she was little.

"The expertise is that I used to get on the bus with my mates and go as much as [...] Lee Valley Ice Rink and it was simply one thing we used to do as children. It will have been one of many first issues that we had been allowed to do with out our mother and father was go ice skating.

"So I did used to go, skate round quick and crash into the wall as that was the one means I might cease."

Phillip requested the actress how she felt about being judged and if she's aggressive with herself.

"I am not aggressive," Patsy mentioned, "However this time I will say let's try to win it, it is a competitors. However I do not know the way you'll do this.

"I am simply going to focus actually onerous on the coaching, actually actually use what I have been doing with meditation for fairly a very long time and simply see if that does have the advantages that I hope it does. It will actually put all of it to the take a look at for me as a result of it is a actual problem for me."

Earlier this yr, it was reported that former Love Island star Laura Anderson, who shot to fame on the 2018 sequence of the ITV2 courting present, was 'eager' to nab a spot on this yr's line-up.

She is reportedly 'lined up' for the following sequence of Dancing on Ice after she had 'secret conferences' with ITV bosses.

The Scottish bombshell, 33, beforehand auditioned for Dancing On Ice following her Love Island stint, however misplaced out on bagging a spot to her ex-boyfriend, Wes Nelson, who went on to indicate off his unimaginable skating expertise on the 2019 sequence of the ITV competitors.

And, three years later, Laura is reportedly 'gearing up' to indicate off her skills.

Get the newest movie star gossip and telly information despatched straight to your inbox signal as much as our weekly Showbiz e-newsletterright here.

READ NEXT:

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post